At long last I obtained my dream car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    I will race you for dinner at Pappas Bros on 10/30. If you want the location, PM. I can get video, photos, times, etc. You will lose badly, but you will have fun too.
    Im here for a good time, not a long time. LOL

What ya running?

If you want some good roll races I can just bring my plastic fantastic. Its nothing special but its lite and makes 1000hp
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Whata waste.
      Oh how I missed your negative nancy-ness. How ya been ya grumpy ol fuck?
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        Im here for a good time, not a long time. LOL

What ya running?

If you want some good roll races I can just bring my plastic fantastic. Its nothing special but its lite and makes 1000hp
        Nope, no roll racing. Start and finish are timed though. I'm running a crappy import 4 banger. This is way more fun than roll racing though.

Comment

Nope, no roll racing. Start and finish are timed though. I'm running a crappy import 4 banger. This is way more fun than roll racing though.

Dude GTFO. Guy comes in here showing off a pretty fucking cool purchase and you pop off with some secretive "I'Ll RaCe yA" at some black-ops location bullshit. No one cared after your first post and I'll guarantee the care-o-meter is even lower after your second post setting rules to some race you made up in your head.

Also, Pappas Bros sucks ass.

Comment

Originally posted by strychnine View Post
            dude gtfo. Guy comes in here showing off a pretty fucking cool purchase and you pop off with some secretive "i'll race ya" at some black-ops location bullshit. No one cared after your first post and i'll guarantee the care-o-meter is even lower after your second post setting rules to some race you made up in your head.

Also, pappas bros sucks ass.
            l
            o
            l
            !
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Nice car OP, if that's your dream car, then congrats.

I for one love the styling of the Audi's, I just used to work on them and the front bumper cover R&R on an Audi A-8 sucks fucking dick. Not sure if they have gotten easier, but I for one would never own an Audi, especially since my Son worked at an Audi a Dealership a couple of years back and begged me not to buy one, specifically an S-5 slope, because he knew about the removing of engines for simple r&r work, but boy did I fall in love with that car...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Dude GTFO. Guy comes in here showing off a pretty fucking cool purchase and you pop off with some secretive "I'Ll RaCe yA" at some black-ops location bullshit. No one cared after your first post and I'll guarantee the care-o-meter is even lower after your second post setting rules to some race you made up in your head.

Also, Pappas Bros sucks ass.
                Have a bad day? Feel better now? It’s a real venue, real race. I will be there. You can come too. Bring whatever you like, get beat too. See if I care. You don’t like Pappas, fine. You a Perry’s guy or do you prefer fake meat? I don’t care. Black ops…. Well this will be a night race which is unusual.

Rage hard bro!
                Last edited by AnthonyS; 10-13-2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  l
                  o
                  l
                  !
                  Peas in a pod. Bring your car too.
                  Last edited by AnthonyS; 10-13-2021, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    Ill try and keep it short. I was hunting for this exact color/option combo car and found it listed in Washington.
                    Wow... strangely, I was scammed by a thief named Bobby George (thanks Google) from the Washington/Oregon area as well... eventually got some of the money returned but still learned a hard lesson from the experience.

$43K.... that had to sting.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                      Wow... strangely, I was scammed by a thief named Bobby George (thanks Google) from the Washington/Oregon area as well... eventually got some of the money returned but still learned a hard lesson from the experience.

mardyn
                      I remember a Bobby George story on Rennlist. He scammed a Porsche buyer too. One guy even found him and confronted him. It’s a pretty wild story, and it’s probably still there.

Comment

I remember a Bobby George story on Rennlist. He scammed a Porsche buyer too. One guy even found him and confronted him. It’s a pretty wild story, and it’s probably still there.
                        Probably the same guy.

I had two of his other victims contact me after they googled his name and found my on-line references to this douche bag.... sadly, law enforcement is just not interested in getting involved in any on-line transactions of this nature.

He took others for many more $$$ than he got from me...

I never fail to mention his name when a scam thread pops up in hopes of preventing someone else from falling victim to this thief.

mardyn

btw... sorry for the thread hi-jack

Comment

About 10 or 12 years ago I bought an RX-7 GTUs on eBay from a dealer in New York City that was owned by an Eastern European. I wired the money to the guy from a bank in Plano and arranged to fly out there to pick up the car and drive it back. When I mentioned to him that s models were rare and I was happy to find one he suddenly ghosted me. Plano PD took the position that since payment originated in Plano that a theft occurred in Plano and filed felony charges against the guy and the Collin County DA was successful in getting him indicted and brought to Texas. A guy that I know from Merkur forum who is an investigator for the Manhattan District Attorney's office personally made sure that the warrant got served on the guy. I took great pleasure in knowing that I inflicted $40,000 worth of headache for a $3,000 car. EBay's Buyer Protection even paid me for the car but it never reimbursed me for the airline tickets that were non-refundable.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I had two GTUs back in the day. I got sick of them due to the no power options. LOL Oddly my GXL 2+2 was my favorite one. Just more comfortable and could take corners better than all my other RX7s.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

mardyn
                              Yeah and 4 years latter it still stings. I just got an email today from the DOJ stating that "MADARS JANKEVICS" will be released at the end of next month. So far hes the first one to be released. Guess he only did 2 years and a few months.

Comment

It's very frustrating that scammers get away with crap like this every day... I'm surprised law enforcement pursued action but, in the end, you're still out the funds.

I'm happy to hear they got to spend some time in jail.

My situation was partially of my own making... as I was just too enamored by the vehicle and was too anxious on the purchase. All the signs were there surrounded by red flags and warning buzzers going off loudly.. but I ignored them all and paid the price.

While I've had reasonable success on other similar on-line deals, this one bit me in the ass a few years ago(2019) and I'm still mad at myself for taking the bait.

mardyn

Comment

Working...
                                X