No announcement yet.

Classic stang owners. Post ur pics here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha badass shirt, and beautiful truck man, any interior pics?

Comment

awesome car rremo but the shaker must go

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        awesome car rremo but the shaker must go
        Meh, I'm still a little torn on it myself...I think it looked better with the shaker when the car still had the original look in it's original calypso coral (orange pic of it above), but it was a necessity installation this time. The car had a flat hood on it from when it was painted silver, but it's a repop and had never fit very well. I pulled a Holley off of it and replaced it with a Quick Fuel carb earlier this year...no spacer or anything, and the first time taking it out behind my place for a test run the carb made contact with the hood when I trounced on it and put a nice outward dent in the middle of the hood. I never even thought for a seond that the Quick Fuel was a taller carb than the Holley, but I guess I'll know next time.

Anyways, at the time it was either live with a very noticeable dent in the hood, try to worry about finding another hood and then matching the paint, or just buy a shaker from Fordramair.com and be done with it for now....obviously option 3 was the easiest way out. I will say that it is a bit cooler driving and looking out over it with the shaker, and most people have commented that they like it better with it, but I'm still on the fence myself.

I will likely try to find an OEM hood for it this winter and next time ditch the gray and go back with a black matte on the hood similar to the original style. But don't know yet if I'll go back with the Shaker again, or maybe a GT style scoop, or just flat again. Flat looks good, but it's a pain in this car with a serious lack of clearance under there.

Thanks for the comment.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Reemo, what engine is under there? Intake?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            A good friend of mine down in Nacogdoches has it now, and he is actually trying to sell it I believe. It's a pretty well sourced out truck...big block with an OD trans, Vintage Air, 5-lug with disc brakes up front and later model Suburban oversized drums on the rear....all CPP suspension with a 1-ton sway bar up front, 20/18 Wheel combo (although I always wanted to step the fronts up to 20's to flatten it out more). Has the rare factory buddy-buckets in it with a fold down center jump seat, factory tach and gauges, tilt column, all fresh rubber seals, etc, etc. It's a cool old truck, I'd like to have it back but I just don't have a place for it right now and I'm also throwing all of my extra pennies at the Chevelle right now.

Here's a few pics.
            More pics of this truck please. I just picked up a 69 C10 SWB a week ago and would love to have those type of wheels instead of what is on it right now. I will start a new thread when I get home with the pics I have of my new truck.

Comment

Damn Rreemo, I had no idea that car had such a righteous interior. As cool as that truck is, you traded up sir. BTW, I dig the hell outta the shaker. Stick with it.

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
              Blake why don't you spend the grand on an 8.8 rather than the 8 inch? Pick up an explorer rear and send it over to JamesB to put leaf mounts on and even it up with 9" housing ends. You could have a nice 31 spline rear for around a grand or a little less.
              It's an option, but once again, it would take +/- a grand to do that right, which is pretty much the same as the 8 inch, and built right, that would be more than I need I'm sure.

Originally posted by homealone View Post
              I guess you need something like this.

Yes Please!

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              damn, i just sold a built 8.8 with 411s and 33 splines for 300. I wish that I knew you were looking.
              No worries, it would probably take major surgery to fit under a 66 anyway.

Comment

Finally figured it out.
                Before it all started...

Last edited by Red5oh; 11-21-2010, 01:19 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

And now...

sigpic

Comment

There are a TON in between and even more now that it is 99.5% done. I just need to get more pictures of it!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Damn Rreemo, I had no idea that car had such a righteous interior. As cool as that truck is, you traded up sir. BTW, I dig the hell outta the shaker. Stick with it.

It's an option, but once again, it would take +/- a grand to do that right, which is pretty much the same as the 8 inch, and built right, that would be more than I need I'm sure.

Yes Please!

No worries, it would probably take major surgery to fit under a 66 anyway.

Blake, If I recall correctly, the foxbody rear is the same width as the 65-68. You can pick those up with grears and posi for 100-200, find some ranger axles and drums, cut off the brakets and weld new perches on, and be set for under 500. Mine is getting a disk setup with 4.30's that was originally in a 96 cobra (and I'll still need spacers to run the deep dish bullits).
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        Blake, If I recall correctly, the foxbody rear is the same width as the 65-68. You can pick those up with grears and posi for 100-200, find some ranger axles and drums, cut off the brakets and weld new perches on, and be set for under 500. Mine is getting a disk setup with 4.30's that was originally in a 96 cobra (and I'll still need spacers to run the deep dish bullits).
                        65-66s are narrower than 67-68s. There's pretty much no swap rear end that is narrow enough for 65-66s.

Not to worry. I'll solve this problem eventually, it just won't be cheap or easy.

Comment

65-66s are narrower than 67-68s. There's pretty much no swap rear end that is narrow enough for 65-66s.

Not to worry. I'll solve this problem eventually, it just won't be cheap or easy.
                          65-66 Mustang 57.25 inches (link http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...-info-faq.html)
                          79-93 Mustangs use a 57 inch wide rear axle (linkhttp://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...surements.html)

One thing I have found with my project is, most of the time, the people who are out there telling you it cant be done just dont have a clue. They were told it would work, and are parrots.

If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.
                            Hahah, nice!

It's been years since I've done any of that research. Looks like I might have gotten a little rusty. Don't let it go to your head though, I've forgotten more about classic Mustangs than you'll ever know.

Comment

Hahah, nice!

It's been years since I've done any of that research. Looks like I might have gotten a little rusty. Don't let it go to your head though, I've forgotten more about classic Mustangs than you'll ever know.
                              Oh, I dont dissagree. Everything I have learned was from google.

Comment

Oh, I dont dissagree. Everything I have learned was from google.
                                Heh, I'm just glad you and google proved me wrong on this one. It's a nice potential solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X