Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 14 years, I'm finally back in a Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
    I love that color and this body style. Steeda suspension is what I'm going for as well, sounds like I'm inadvertently going to recreate your car! I told them that I want to build street/track car, and they put a package together thats about $2200. I'm just want her to handle as best as she can. I was looking at Watts rear linkage kit too, but I need to research them more.
    Thats about what I paid, super easy install, my son and I did it in about two hours. The Steeda panhard rod was super easy to install too and was a solid piece and adjustable to get that rear end squared. I did some research and I believe Koni makes their Struts and Shocks and they just paint them Blue. So they are quality pieces as well.

Iirc I did the Super Street, the springs lowered it 1-1/2 inch in the front and 3/4 in the rear and front perfectly with their struts and shocks, but I'm old and I don't need to be too low and hard of a ride.
    Last edited by Rick Modena; 10-18-2022, 05:04 PM.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Thats about what I paid, super easy install, my son and I did it in about two hours. The Steeda panhard rod was super easy to install too and was a solid piece and adjustable to get that rear end squared. I did some research and I believe Koni makes their Struts and Shocks and they just paint them Blue. So they are quality pieces as well.

Iirc I did the Super Street, the springs lowered it 1-1/2 inch in the front and 3/4 in the rear and front perfectly with their struts and shocks, but I'm old I don't need it to be too low and hard of a ride.
      Good, I'm looking forward to getting that part done. I know how squirrely these cars are, want to get that reigned in asap.
      Last edited by Rick Modena; 10-18-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I didn't edit your post, just my bad spelling, lol...
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I almost didn't buy, I had scheduled to see the car, car wasn't ready to look at when I got there, had to wait 30 mins, I was about to walk out...then I drove it and was like maybe.... Now I'm super happy with the car. I absolutely love the color. Its a base model, was ordered to be a hot rod, has the Brembo's too. Seems quick, gonna do exterior mods, then suspension, then work on going faster. I need to learn how to drive her first!
          So let me tell you about the nightmare of getting this car:

On a sunday, I decided I'd drive to the Ford dealership just to look at it then come out on monday. No car on the lot matched it. There was another vehicle in the same color and I said "ok, that color isn't bad. I actually like it."

I call on Monday, schedule to come out a little later. They say cool, just give them a heads up when I'm on my way.

I call to let them know I'm on my way. They tell me the car isn't actually there anymore, and they sold it the previous friday. "Cool, well, I guess that's all then, bye." "Wait wait, if you really want the car, let me check and see if we can get it back."

They call me back saying they can get it back, if I put down a refundable $1,500 deposit for their efforts to get it back. If for any reason I don't want the car, they'll refund the money. Na, not interested in that. They tell me they'll call me back and see what else they can do to get the car back if I'm genuinely interested. I tell them yes, I am.

The next call they tell me that they can waive the deposit if I do a docusign saying that I'm committing to buying the car. They assure me that if I don't want it, they'll just shred/delete the document and we can go our separate ways. I ask if that is in the docusign. They inform me it isn't, it's just a verbal agreement between us.

Nope, not interested in doing that. They again say they'll call me back and see what they can do. Once they do call, they tell me they've added to the document that if for ANY reason, if I want to return it before two weeks, or one thousand miles, they'll give a full refund of everything, and no expenses to me. Little bit of a headache, but I eventually say "sure, and if I don't like it, i'll drive it around your lot one time and then we can start the return."

They say they're fine with that. So we start the credit application process. The moment they saw my credit score, they say "you know what, we don't need you to sign anything or give us any more. We feel like you're really interested. We'll have the car here for you by tomorrow and you can come check it out.

Hours of time and calls for that bs . . . still love the car though.
          sigpic

Comment

^^^
            Please tell us what Stealership that is, so we can stay far away from that place?

The three Stealerships in the area that I was trying to buy my 5.0 were real bad, let's start with Grapevine Ford.
            Me: I see you have a Kona blue 5.0 a-10, I want to buy it, can you check and see that's it's still there, so I don't drive over there for nothing?
            GF: Sure, give me your phone number?
            Me: Sorry, you get my email, send me the info, sticker and price, I'm financing it myself, no need for a credit app atm.
            GF: We'll get that too you.
            Two days go by, nothing, I call back up there, bounced around, everyone wants my number. Finally a chick answers and sends me everything I need, its Sat. I tell her that I'm not coming up there on a busy Saturday because of Covid concerns, I'll come Monday, she sez OK. I call Monday to let them know I'm on my way, car is sold.

Burleson Ford, almost the same thing, the day I try and go there, car is sold.
            Bob Tomes, same thing.

I finally find a Kona Blue in North Little Rock Arkansas Ford. Surprisingly, everything is going good, except he takes the pictures with a potato. I get the payment squared away, tell them I'm coming to get it. He calls me back in an hour and tells me the car has 500 miles on it. The deal is done except me signing the paperwork, which I won't do til I see it. Thats when I figure out why they were trying to have it delivered for free. I was like why does it have 500 miles on it? It came from our sister dealership in SC and they drove it there, because they are a Roush and Ford Performance and top Mustang selling Dealership.
            I'm like deliver it to me with the paperwork, I'm going to inspect the fuck out of it, if I find any indication that it was wrecked, or there's more than 1/32 of tread missing from the Michelin Pilots, it's no deal, that bitch better be NEW, no scratches, no door dings, not nothing!
            It was as advertised and they knocked off an additional $500.00, free delivery and since it was a '20 and it was now Feb of '21, it was $43.9k (MSRP was $54k).

Comment

Nice... I will say that in getting my truck last year I found two stealerships that can go fuck themselves and I will tell everyone I know NEVER to do business with them.

The first one is McKinney Buick GMC. They had a truck I wanted, and was prepared to buy at MSRP, wasn't even going to haggle with them as long as they matched the Carmax offer on my trade. I work out the details over the phone, then the guy calls me while I'm on the way there and says "Did I mention the market adjustment on this truck?" which I said nope... and wave it or forget my number as I do not pay over MSRP. He says he can't so I say ok, good luck then, and turn around and go home. Then the manager calls begging me to come back in and I told him the same thing. He says no it's not a problem, we can work it all out... I asked if that meant he was waiving it which he repeated he couldn't do but it would all be the same out the door anyway. After he begs me for about 5 minutes assuring me that it's the same price/rate out the door I drive up there thinking they'd add it on to my trade. Then he shows me the sheet which is NOT what we discussed and I said give me back my keys (they were appraising my trade) in the next 60 seconds or I make a huge scene in your showroom. Fuck them...

The second one is Shottenkirk (Toyota was the one I went to but fuck them all). After the BS with the first one I found a different truck here online and worked it all out with the sales guy over the phone/email as it's about a 90 minute drive both ways to get there. I've got all the details in the emails, pre-approved for the financing through my own bank, and was supposed to buy their truck for the price they had on the internet. The dude comes up to me after I got there with a way different price than we had discussed and what was in our emails and I said nope... THIS is our deal, period... the deal YOUR dealership offered me in writing (email). They asked where I got the number for the price of their truck to which I responded "YOUR WEBSITE"... They said that doesn't reflect the market adjustments. I walked out of that place too and said fuck y'all!

My best friend 9 months later got conned into the same thing with the same BS Shottenkirk assholes and was telling me the story and I asked him if it was them... of course it was. FUCK them!

After getting back home from there I found the truck I have today on the Capital One Auto Navigator website. The dealership was Glenn Polk Ford, emailed them about it around midnight, got a response back about 6:15 the next morning saying yes they still have it, no markups, no BS. They said they couldn't match the Carmax offer but would be $500 shy of it, but it was fine as they had a much better price on their truck than other places. They even found me a better rate than I was going to get with Cap one (2.77) and said it would only be 2.14 with Chase so I said sure. That afternoon, they delivered the truck to my house with the paperwork, and took away my old truck. Absolutely simple and easy, no games, no BS, nothing, exactly as they should be.
              Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I didn't edit your post, just my bad spelling, lol...

Originally posted by CexMashean View Post
                So let me tell you about the nightmare of getting this car:

On a sunday, I decided I'd drive to the Ford dealership just to look at it then come out on monday. No car on the lot matched it. There was another vehicle in the same color and I said "ok, that color isn't bad. I actually like it."

I call on Monday, schedule to come out a little later. They say cool, just give them a heads up when I'm on my way.

I call to let them know I'm on my way. They tell me the car isn't actually there anymore, and they sold it the previous friday. "Cool, well, I guess that's all then, bye." "Wait wait, if you really want the car, let me check and see if we can get it back."

They call me back saying they can get it back, if I put down a refundable $1,500 deposit for their efforts to get it back. If for any reason I don't want the car, they'll refund the money. Na, not interested in that. They tell me they'll call me back and see what else they can do to get the car back if I'm genuinely interested. I tell them yes, I am.

The next call they tell me that they can waive the deposit if I do a docusign saying that I'm committing to buying the car. They assure me that if I don't want it, they'll just shred/delete the document and we can go our separate ways. I ask if that is in the docusign. They inform me it isn't, it's just a verbal agreement between us.

Nope, not interested in doing that. They again say they'll call me back and see what they can do. Once they do call, they tell me they've added to the document that if for ANY reason, if I want to return it before two weeks, or one thousand miles, they'll give a full refund of everything, and no expenses to me. Little bit of a headache, but I eventually say "sure, and if I don't like it, i'll drive it around your lot one time and then we can start the return."

They say they're fine with that. So we start the credit application process. The moment they saw my credit score, they say "you know what, we don't need you to sign anything or give us any more. We feel like you're really interested. We'll have the car here for you by tomorrow and you can come check it out.

Hours of time and calls for that bs . . . still love the car though.
                Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                Nice... I will say that in getting my truck last year I found two stealerships that can go fuck themselves and I will tell everyone I know NEVER to do business with them.

The first one is McKinney Buick GMC. They had a truck I wanted, and was prepared to buy at MSRP, wasn't even going to haggle with them as long as they matched the Carmax offer on my trade. I work out the details over the phone, then the guy calls me while I'm on the way there and says "Did I mention the market adjustment on this truck?" which I said nope... and wave it or forget my number as I do not pay over MSRP. He says he can't so I say ok, good luck then, and turn around and go home. Then the manager calls begging me to come back in and I told him the same thing. He says no it's not a problem, we can work it all out... I asked if that meant he was waiving it which he repeated he couldn't do but it would all be the same out the door anyway. After he begs me for about 5 minutes assuring me that it's the same price/rate out the door I drive up there thinking they'd add it on to my trade. Then he shows me the sheet which is NOT what we discussed and I said give me back my keys (they were appraising my trade) in the next 60 seconds or I make a huge scene in your showroom. Fuck them...

The second one is Shottenkirk (Toyota was the one I went to but fuck them all). After the BS with the first one I found a different truck here online and worked it all out with the sales guy over the phone/email as it's about a 90 minute drive both ways to get there. I've got all the details in the emails, pre-approved for the financing through my own bank, and was supposed to buy their truck for the price they had on the internet. The dude comes up to me after I got there with a way different price than we had discussed and what was in our emails and I said nope... THIS is our deal, period... the deal YOUR dealership offered me in writing (email). They asked where I got the number for the price of their truck to which I responded "YOUR WEBSITE"... They said that doesn't reflect the market adjustments. I walked out of that place too and said fuck y'all!

My best friend 9 months later got conned into the same thing with the same BS Shottenkirk assholes and was telling me the story and I asked him if it was them... of course it was. FUCK them!

After getting back home from there I found the truck I have today on the Capital One Auto Navigator website. The dealership was Glenn Polk Ford, emailed them about it around midnight, got a response back about 6:15 the next morning saying yes they still have it, no markups, no BS. They said they couldn't match the Carmax offer but would be $500 shy of it, but it was fine as they had a much better price on their truck than other places. They even found me a better rate than I was going to get with Cap one (2.77) and said it would only be 2.14 with Chase so I said sure. That afternoon, they delivered the truck to my house with the paperwork, and took away my old truck. Absolutely simple and easy, no games, no BS, nothing, exactly as they should be.
                Customer service was bad before, but now after covid, complete garbage at car dealers/lots nowadays imo.

Comment

Customer service was bad before, but now after covid, complete garbage at car dealers/lots nowadays imo.
                  It's not like they weren't trying to do this before Covid, it's just that big enough markets had enough competition that prohibited that behavior. Once every dealer ran out of inventory and inflow, they threw away the lube and decided to try to use 60 grit condoms in your ass.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

Yeah, dealers suck. I've only dealt with three that weren't complete cluster fucks. Don Davis Ford, Huffines Chevy, and Chuck Fairbanks. Huffines was the best. Price didn't change, no add ons, no market adjustments. Want an extended warranty? No. Ok, sign here and they will bring the car around. I was in and out in under an hour.

Town East Ford, Sewell, and Autonation can all eat a bag of dicks.

Comment

You asked me to change it years back. I was house cleaning my PMs and saw it. I thought you’d be happy. I even said, “I’ll text Richard and tell him I finally changed his S/N for him. It’ll make him happy. That will then make me happy.”

I see that you’re not happy. Since happiness is my goal, maybe I’ll change it until we find one you’re happy with.

Nice car BTW. I almost bought one that color but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. My ‘21 is Rapid Red.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        You asked me to change it years back. I was house cleaning my PMs and saw it. I thought you’d be happy. I even said, “I’ll text Richard and tell him I finally changed his S/N for him. It’ll make him happy. That will then make me happy.”

I see that you’re not happy. Since happiness is my goal, maybe I’ll change it until we find one you’re happy with.

Nice car BTW. I almost bought one that color but I couldn’t wrap my head around it. My ‘21 is Rapid Red.
                        His name is Dick?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          His name is Dick?!!!
                          He looks like a little dick too, just angrier.

Comment

This is not the Don I used to know...
                            WTF is happening in this world?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              This is not the Don I used to know...
                              WTF is happening in this world?
                              I believe Don is stringing him along, cause it would have already been done, hahaha.

Also, on the car buying issue, my Aviator was a smooth deal because my Boy was working at the Lincoln dealership in Dallas. The finance guy still gave me his spiel but, he said he had to because it was part of his job, I said NO to every single fucking thing they were offering. The deal went thru flawlessly, I have a little over a year left on the lease but I'm probably going to buy it from FoMoCo (Lincoln Financial) and if I do sell it, I will make the money, not those thieves.

Comment

That sounds exactly like something I'd do.

That deep red is beautiful, i love it.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                His name is Dick?!!!
                                I come from a long line of Dicks too. They're all over in my family!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                He looks like a little dick too, just angrier.
                                And hairier.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X