Thanks Brooks for another great Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Brooks for another great Cruise

Want to say thanks to Brooks for putting on another great cruise... I had a great time and ended up getting kicked off for running too fast with no cage. I'm getting one soon, just waiting for JamesB to get me in... I had a great time and the car ran pretty good and nothing broke so that's always good.
    03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
    Want to say thanks to Brooks for putting on another great cruise... I had a great time and ended up getting kicked off for running too fast with no cage. I'm getting one soon, just waiting for JamesB to get me in... I had a great time and the car ran pretty good and nothing broke so that's always good.
    X2. Ur car was looking great. Had a great time. Been alittle nicer had the heat not suxed so bad but has a great time
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Yup, just wish I'd have figured out that on of my slicks had WAY too much air in it. Ended up with a best of 7.31@ 95.21 w/a 1.78 60', was getting ready to make a pass with the tires at 13.5psi when the announcer said they were closing. I was bummed since I was thinking they were staying open till 12. Was nice to meet a bunch of you guys and I had a great time (and drove her home without issue). Thanks!

Comment

What time did they kick y'all out?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          What time did they kick y'all out?
          They shut down at 10pm...
          "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            Yup, just wish I'd have figured out that on of my slicks had WAY too much air in it. Ended up with a best of 7.31@ 95.21 w/a 1.78 60', was getting ready to make a pass with the tires at 13.5psi when the announcer said they were closing. I was bummed since I was thinking they were staying open till 12. Was nice to meet a bunch of you guys and I had a great time (and drove her home without issue). Thanks!
            Car looked great. I would say it did extremely well for its true first time at the track.

Dan your car was moving. Pm me the time. It looked nice. Sorry I missed ya.

Nice to meet you Oreo...I'm bad with names...

Comment

Thanks Brooks. To bad driver era got us again.

Comment

Thanks Brooks!

Comment

Thanks Brooks. I enjoyed myself and since I wasn't able to run I went ahead and filmed 60 videos......still working on uploading them so sit tight everyone
                  2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                    Car looked great. I would say it did extremely well for its true first time at the track.

Dan your car was moving. Pm me the time. It looked nice. Sorry I missed ya.

Nice to meet you Oreo...I'm bad with names...
                    Good to meet u too. Brady by the way but Oreo works. And don't worry bout it I'm terrible at names too

Comment

You guys are very welcome, it was good to see everyone again - and meet some new faces, James. That car is running good man.

They closed earlier than anticipated becuase of how we (DFWMustangs) normally operate. Historically we have a strong turnout and a lot of passes throughout the middle of the 'event' and towards the end of the night the lanes are EMPTY, and the track is going away faster and faster.. All that coupled with having a full staff sitting around doing nothing - it's a waste of money for them to keep it 'open' for 'nothing'..They did ask me if we wanted to keep running, or shut 'em down at 10P - I told them, if there's no passes happening, to shut them down. When I turned and looked the last few times, there was 2 cars in the lanes one time, and 1 car the next. Not to mention, the wind turned from a decent tail wind to a pretty strong cross wind, not the best racing conditions.

Someone actually stopped me in the staging lanes at about 10P and said, "I thought it was open till 12!!" As I turned and looked at the EMPTY staging lanes, I said there's no one running!! He came back with, "if I would have known it was closing at 10, I would have stayed home"

Comment

If two hours is going to make the difference between going and staying home I guess he should have just stayed his ass home them.
                        "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          You guys are very welcome, it was good to see everyone again - and meet some new faces, James. That car is running good man.

They closed earlier than anticipated becuase of how we (DFWMustangs) normally operate. Historically we have a strong turnout and a lot of passes throughout the middle of the 'event' and towards the end of the night the lanes are EMPTY, and the track is going away faster and faster.. All that coupled with having a full staff sitting around doing nothing - it's a waste of money for them to keep it 'open' for 'nothing'..They did ask me if we wanted to keep running, or shut 'em down at 10P - I told them, if there's no passes happening, to shut them down. When I turned and looked the last few times, there was 2 cars in the lanes one time, and 1 car the next. Not to mention, the wind turned from a decent tail wind to a pretty strong cross wind, not the best racing conditions.

Someone actually stopped me in the staging lanes at about 10P and said, "I thought it was open till 12!!" As I turned and looked at the EMPTY staging lanes, I said there's no one running!! He came back with, "if I would have known it was closing at 10, I would have stayed home"

Me and my crew were in the middle of cooking then "LIGHTS OUT" I was like WTF happened to midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
                            If two hours is going to make the difference between going and staying home I guess he should have just stayed his ass home them.
                            X2.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
                              Me and my crew were in the middle of cooking then "LIGHTS OUT" I was like WTF happened to midnight.
                              Sorry about that, as I always say - it's hard to please everyone. (not that you were bitchin', I'm just sayin'.)

Damn, I should have came down there and helped yall eat!

Comment

Working...
                              X