Thanks Brooks for another great Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Me and my crew were in the middle of cooking then "LIGHTS OUT" I was like WTF happened to midnight.
    I was switching back to my street tires when the lights were going out. My dad found that pretty funny. But like i have seen in the past when the brackets and kodfwm is done it starts to slow way down but still had fun. Thanx again brooks
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Had a good time thanks brooks. Hopefully my car will be ready next cruise.

Comment

had a great time also THANKS Brooks.

Comment

had a good time. i wonder if anyone was thinking the way i was. i took my time all night just hanging cause i was thinkin we had to 12. they closed early cause there werent alot of cars in the staging lanes and i wonder if more peeps would have headed up to the lanes if they knew there was less time than they might have thought. had fun none the less and i agree it was kinda nice not waiting an hour to get to your car thru

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            You guys are very welcome, it was good to see everyone again - and meet some new faces, James. That car is running good man.

They closed earlier than anticipated becuase of how we (DFWMustangs) normally operate. Historically we have a strong turnout and a lot of passes throughout the middle of the 'event' and towards the end of the night the lanes are EMPTY, and the track is going away faster and faster.. All that coupled with having a full staff sitting around doing nothing - it's a waste of money for them to keep it 'open' for 'nothing'..They did ask me if we wanted to keep running, or shut 'em down at 10P - I told them, if there's no passes happening, to shut them down. When I turned and looked the last few times, there was 2 cars in the lanes one time, and 1 car the next. Not to mention, the wind turned from a decent tail wind to a pretty strong cross wind, not the best racing conditions.

Someone actually stopped me in the staging lanes at about 10P and said, "I thought it was open till 12!!" As I turned and looked at the EMPTY staging lanes, I said there's no one running!! He came back with, "if I would have known it was closing at 10, I would have stayed home"

Appreciate it x 1000, thanks to you and a bunch of the others I got to skip some of the learning curve putting OJ together. Took 10 months of gathering parts and cash, but it all paid off being out there with a bunch of friendly people racing and having a good time. The crowd was nothing like the typical kdale crowd! Going to see what I can do to get a 6.9x pass, thinking anti-roll bar, a little more seat time, maybe some tuning, and correct psi in the slicks!

Comment

Had a great time, just wish i would of got the right psi in the drag radials sooner than the last pass. Oh well didnt break anything always a plus.
              73 240Z SBC PG with some spray
              07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

Originally posted by SICK240 View Post
                Had a great time, just wish i would of got the right psi in the drag radials sooner than the last pass. Oh well didnt break anything always a plus.
                Yeah I think You and I ran on that last pass. Good run. I wish I would have left on full boost like my other passes but the tree fell before I could get it built up. lol
                03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

They never told me anything about my cage. Maybe you ran way to fast.. 5's ?

Comment

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                    They never told me anything about my cage. Maybe you ran way to fast.. 5's ?
                    No just 6's... I guess some of the people I ran against were just slower so it made my car look a lot faster. IDK It doesn't matter I'm getting one built as soon as JamesB can get me in.
                    "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

I almost stopped and talked to you when you were by the snack bar, but you were in mid-conversation with someone. I really like your car, it's slick as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
                        Yeah I think You and I ran on that last pass. Good run. I wish I would have left on full boost like my other passes but the tree fell before I could get it built up. lol
                        Yes it was a good run, clean car. I was able to squeeze in 1 last pass after our run and got the tires to hold a little better, still had to pedal it but it ran a 6.17 @ 115mph
                        07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                          I almost stopped and talked to you when you were by the snack bar, but you were in mid-conversation with someone. I really like your car, it's slick as hell.
                          Thanks, yeah I have seen you at the track alot over the years but never met you. I will stop and say hello next we are out. Thanks again for all you do for us.
                          07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

Yes it was a good run, clean car. I was able to squeeze in 1 last pass after our run and got the tires to hold a little better, still had to pedal it but it ran a 6.17 @ 115mph
                            Yeah it was running good. I was only able to get a 6.3 out of mine. It spun pretty bad the 3 times I tried to come out on boost.
                            "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Working...
                            X