Any casual auto crossers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any casual auto crossers?

Many years ago, I participated in a few "parking lot" auto X events for the hell of it. I had a Boss 302 with Koni's and that was the extent of prep. I checked the SCCA site, but wondered if any of our Mustang breathren did this? My car has a few good suspension mods and I'm a driving SOB, so what else do you need?

There used to be a few on the old site that did it. They went to Pennington field in the HEB area alot. Aggie97 I think did some before he started door to door road course racing.
    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Back in 2007, a few of us ran with LoneStar Chapter BMW Car Club of America, or LSCBMWCCA. Google them. Their events are pretty good. More recently, I ran with Equipe Rapide but their format wasn't as nice.

From left to right: GTDan, doopie, (me), ceyko, Chili. Stangchick74 (Leah) ran her car too before she sold it.

At ER
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks man! That's what I was looking for.

Comment

I skipped straight over Autocross and went to the track.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            I skipped straight over Autocross and went to the track.
            Car's not track worthy, but an occassional autocross event would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by propellerhead View Post
              From left to right: GTDan, doopie, (me), ceyko, Chili. Stangchick74 (Leah) ran her car too before she sold it.
              I just realized -- doopie is the only one in that list that still owns his/her car. Wow.
              Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                Car's not track worthy, but an occassional autocross event would be fun.

I second the Lonestar BMWCCA group. Mark and those guys are good eggs and the events at mineral wells are well worth the $40 or so to enter.

However, that being said.... tell me about the car. I am sort of deeply involved in the HPDE program at Texas World Speedway in college station now and will be starting a new travelling program after the first of the year that will attend other area tracks.

We had a 2002 Grand Prix 4 dr at the last event and it did fine. It really was his Grandma's car!!!!! If that is track worthy, why would yours not be. Do a one day event to save money but I will tell you that it will change your life! I'll even pass on my usual supercar ride and instruct you! That there is worth the price of admission. If I get the clutch back in my car I now have a passenger seat.

Don't be a pansy....come to the track for the real fun!

We have an event coming up in December. We'd love to see you there!

www.texasworldspeedway.com Registration through clubregistration.net

admins....can that be my one freebie advo?! May be contacting you guys about some ads as we get a new logo going in about 2 months.

Thanks and feel free to contact me by PM for info and suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                  I second the Lonestar BMWCCA group. Mark and those guys are good eggs and the events at mineral wells are well worth the $40 or so to enter.

However, that being said.... tell me about the car. I am sort of deeply involved in the HPDE program at Texas World Speedway in college station now and will be starting a new travelling program after the first of the year that will attend other area tracks.

We had a 2002 Grand Prix 4 dr at the last event and it did fine. It really was his Grandma's car!!!!! If that is track worthy, why would yours not be. Do a one day event to save money but I will tell you that it will change your life! I'll even pass on my usual supercar ride and instruct you! That there is worth the price of admission. If I get the clutch back in my car I now have a passenger seat.

Don't be a pansy....come to the track for the real fun!

We have an event coming up in December. We'd love to see you there!

www.texasworldspeedway.com Registration through clubregistration.net

admins....can that be my one freebie advo?! May be contacting you guys about some ads as we get a new logo going in about 2 months.

Thanks and feel free to contact me by PM for info and suggestions.
                  Hook it up and no prob on the ad .
                  Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Lonestar BMW is pretty good, you get 8 runs. The event I am hooked on now is the Texas Time Trials, you usually get 15-18+ runs and it's very laid back, they run at Mineral Wells. It's $40 and comes with free lunch, unfortunately all of the autox events that I know of are done for the year, I just ran our Lemons car at the last TTT and had a blast, got in about 60 laps between myself and another driver. http://www.texastimetrials.com/
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I have done the TTT event also and it was a blast . I was sore for 3 days after that .
                      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Just to echo what Propellerhead said, we had a blast with the BMW club. You really get a good amount of seat time and get to know your cars limits really well.

Comment

did anyones tires fall off?
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                            did anyones tires fall off?
                            Not at any that I went to.. Well, not on the track anyhow. I do know one guy that lost some tires on the highway afterwards.

Comment

I x2 the BMW club. but i mainly run with the North Texas S2000 club. same 8 runs and its a fun easy going bunch of guys.

if you want a list of all the autox's in the area. go to http://dfwautocross.com

if you can't wait till spring, the s2000 group is planning on doing some winter autox's
                              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                              X