X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
      if you can't wait till spring, the s2000 group is planning on doing some winter autox's
      Sweet !
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Another big thumbs up for the BMW Club. They believe in 3rd gear autocross. The first 2 years I lived here in DFW I ran with them both seasons. Had a blast. The best was their night course. Do they still do that?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          Another big thumbs up for the BMW Club. They believe in 3rd gear autocross. The first 2 years I lived here in DFW I ran with them both seasons. Had a blast. The best was their night course. Do they still do that?
          Yep they still do, TTT is also 3rd-4th gear autox. I need to try the night autox, I was a bit worried about it though!
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
            did anyones tires fall off?
            I've seen lots of wheels fall off on the track. I saw an Integra get about 5-6 feet of air after hitting a stray wheel at speed.....

Comment

I went to a few around 2000-01 that were SCCA parking lot events. I'd go to the ones that they did at some football stadium parking lot over there. I never went to the larger/faster courses. It was still fun though.

Edit: I think the place was called Pennington Field in the HEB area.
              Last edited by Doug Hatton; 12-07-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

BMW Club has some nice fast corners. Well, relatively speaking.
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

BMW Club has some nice fast corners. Well, relatively speaking.
                  Did I shoot that video or was it Cheezbandit?

Oh, and speaking of the night autoX...you MUST do it sometime. we found that fog lights worked best as the cones were lighted with glow sticks......then at around 1am and after many beers...I took passengers in my car! Could hear it in downtown Mineral Wells. I also remember Darren sleeping on his trailer in the freezing cold and ended up sleeping in his car that night! Looked like a truck hit him in the am with all the drinking going on that night! LOL!!!

Comment

SUCH good times!!!! say what you want about door to door. AX is some good times !!! :-)

Comment

SUCH good times!!!! say what you want about door to door. AX is some good times !!! :-)

Don't forget HPDE's!!!!

My girl will be running 12 events next year at various tracks...I need to setup a DFWMustangs group and see how many of you guys bite and get addicted.

We are working on the website now and hope to be doing a press release sometime in early Jan!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                        Don't forget HPDE's!!!!

My girl will be running 12 events next year at various tracks...I need to setup a DFWMustangs group and see how many of you guys bite and get addicted.

We are working on the website now and hope to be doing a press release sometime in early Jan!
                        Matt, what we be entailed in doing a few practice laps (possibly with you in car) one weekend?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                          Matt, what we be entailed in doing a few practice laps (possibly with you in car) one weekend?
                          Define practice laps?

Can't really offer anything for free but maybe we can get you cleared for blue solo to run open track days at TWS.....4 hour slot for around $130 on a friday before a big event weekend. Key is to get you to an intermediate level and solo'd though. We are sort of sticklers to make sure EVERYONE on track is capable and safe at an OT event because the experience levels are so different. you have blue solo's out with some serious hardware and serious racers. SAFETY is first and foremost.

PM me for what you are looking for and I can see what we can work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
                            I went to a few around 2000-01 that were SCCA parking lot events. I'd go to the ones that they did at some football stadium parking lot over there. I never went to the larger/faster courses. It was still fun though.

Edit: I think the place was called Pennington Field in the HEB area.
                            I'd like to try the short courses first, just to get an idea of how my car (and I) will perform.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                              at TWS.....4 hour slot for around $130 on a friday before a big event weekend....
                              That's CHEAP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X