Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did our resident security camera guru's come over here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did our resident security camera guru's come over here?

Looking at getting some quotes for a decent to good security camera setup at the house, installed and discrete, so they are not obvious to someone walking by. Anyone here do this?

also very interested! group discount????

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

why would you not want someone to see it? thats what they are mainly for, to prevent someone from trying to steal your shit cause they see you have a camera

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
        why would you not want someone to see it? thats what they are mainly for, to prevent someone from trying to steal your shit cause they see you have a camera
        because if i was a theif, i would cut the wire, turn the camera, or a myriad of other things to prevent from being seen.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          because if i was a theif, i would cut the wire, turn the camera, or a myriad of other things to prevent from being seen.

god bless.
          Hidden camera with a sign should be adequate.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
            There are two trains of thoughts, generally, to physically security. One is what you're mentioning, the other is to be discrete. An unprepared thief/criminal...etc is the desire in this mode. Plus aesthetics are a consideration for what I'm mentioning.

Generally speaking, most companies and people could with visible, but not accessible. (i.e. cameras so high up you can't touch them)

Personally, I prefer a mix of the two.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

god bless.
              That's why you put in a cheap p.o.s. camera out in the open with the wires to it accessible from the outside, and make it fairly obvious, but don't connect that camera to the CCTV system, then install the real camera somewhere hidden close by, usually on a completely different wall. So the person cutting the wires on that fake camera is still having their every move embedded on the DVR. Crooks normally aren't that smart to look for more than one camera in the same small area like that, plus you can hide them pretty easy, so this usually works like a champ. Had this set up at our old shop and we caught every person trying to break in after they cut the fake cameras wires and thought they were no longer being recorded. Lulz.
              Last edited by Lone Sailor; 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Rob
                Check out Alltex. It's right over by the old wing house behind chilis. I found some nice DIY kits and you're mechanically inclined enough to do so.
                Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                  That's why you put in a cheap p.o.s. camera out in the open with the wires to it accessible from the outside, and make it fairly obvious, but don't connect that camera to the CCTV system, then install the real camera somewhere hidden close by, usually on a completely different wall. So the person cutting the wires on that fake camera is still having their every move embedded on the DVR. Crooks normally aren't that smart to look for more than one camera in the same small area like that, plus you can hide them pretty easy, so this usually works like a champ. Had this set up at our old shop and we caught every person trying to break in after they cut the fake cameras wires and thought they were no longer being recorded. Lulz.
                  Best idea IMO.

I have been thinking about a security system and this is the way I want to go. I want to deter all together if possible but if they are really wanting to break in, I want to catch them disabling the obvious dummy camera so i can get a good look and there is no question what their intentions are when/if it ever goes to trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                    Rob
                    Check out Alltex. It's right over by the old wing house behind chilis. I found some nice DIY kits and you're mechanically inclined enough to do so.
                    I could do it myself, but I am lazy! Plus I don't have a ladder big enough to reach where they would need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      I could do it myself, but I am lazy! Plus I don't have a ladder big enough to reach where they would need to go.
                      i've got a ladder. i help install yours, and you help install mine?

god bless.

Comment

+1 on the decoy / real camera set up. Most of the DVR based systems have plenty of extra cameras anyway...

Comment

i've got a ladder. i help install yours, and you help install mine?

god bless.
                          Where you live? I'm in Keller

Comment

carrollton

god bless.

Comment

I would lean more to the hidden camera and sign vs decoy camera.....yea so you may catch him on camera....but that doesnt mean the cops will catch him. a HIDDEN CAMERA sign would ward away any thief with a brain.

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X