Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did our resident security camera guru's come over here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

local guy, he can do whatever you want he has his home cameras set up to view on his iphone which is pretty sweet
    2006 Civic SI
    2009 Pilot
    1988 GT
    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
      I would lean more to the hidden camera and sign vs decoy camera.....yea so you may catch him on camera....but that doesnt mean the cops will catch him. a HIDDEN CAMERA sign would ward away any thief with a brain.
      LOL huh? So hide all the cameras and then tell them about them? I can understand making them wonder where they are but by posting a sign your wasting your time hiding them all IMO.

Comment

I have to agree with Nick M, for a good DIY camera setup Altex is your best bet. They have a good mix of DVR's and cameras. Pretty good pricing as well. I am a Project Manager in the security field and we use Altex for some of our equipment as well.

Comment

I've got my cameras up high and pretty visible. Anyone breaking in would need a ladder to cut wires, and i doubt that they would take the time to climb up there and cut wires. Or, at least that is my hope LOL......

Comment

Well, I decidedd to go with the el-cheapo X-10 wireless camera setup. Got 3 night vision cameras, 3 motion sensors, SW to record to my PC, can connect to the TV to view the cameras, etc. for $160.98 (plus a 3 year warranty). If you tell them you "liked" them on Facebook you get a %15 discount too! I called and got a little better deal than what was offered on line (2 more motion sensors free plus 1 extra year on the warranty).

I've had X-10 cameras before, not bad quality, expecially for the price.

Comment

i did mine myself and got them through a company called "varieon" in dallas...i don't know if they sell directly; i got them through a supplier that i use. anyway, i have several cameras (color/infrared) that are extremely clear and they're connected to a hard drive based dvr that is also connected to my router, so i can access it from anywhere. it's a really cool system and varieon set me up with everything that i needed (power supply, siamese cable, connectors, etc) and made it really easy for me to put it all in.

edit:

here's their website: www.varieon.com

i'm using the dome security camera

Comment

the dvr, that i use, is the 9-channel unit that has the dvd drive and usb, so you can easily copy something to a flash drive or dvd/cd, if you need to give it to someone or if you like to keep a backup.

Comment

Call Jeff 214-202-7834
                  David

1986 GT

Comment

How hard is it to run the wires on some of these systems? I wanted wireless but the reviews on most are not very good so I'm looking at the wired kits.
                    My biggest concern is camera's in the house, I don't want to have holes everywhere.

Any recommendations? Looking to spend $500 or less

Comment

i have a 4 camera set up. with dvr, night vision, motion activated, usb, and i can see it from my iphone or online when im away from the house. i like it. its cheap from fry's but it works perfect.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        i have a 4 camera set up. with dvr, night vision, motion activated, usb, and i can see it from my iphone or online when im away from the house. i like it. its cheap from fry's but it works perfect.

god bless.
                        did you install yourself? What manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                          did you install yourself? What manufacturer?
                          yes i did, i hooked it up to the tv in the living room. its a swann i believe. i have no complaints. ran all the wires through the attic, had to buy some extra length of cable as my home is so palatial to keep the wires all hidden adn ran throught the walls and such. i can get you the model and such this eve if it will help you out.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            yes i did, i hooked it up to the tv in the living room. its a swann i believe. i have no complaints. ran all the wires through the attic, had to buy some extra length of cable as my home is so palatial to keep the wires all hidden adn ran throught the walls and such. i can get you the model and such this eve if it will help you out.

god bless.
                            Sure, that would be great.
                            thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X