Budget AR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget AR build

It's taken nearly a year to get everything bought and put together, and I'd like to think I've done fairly well on a low budget build. I have $475 into it so far. In the next month or so I'll add a quad rail, Magpul AFG, BAD lever, and tactical light. Other than that optics are left, which I'll more than likely go with a red dot.

Parts list:
    Surplus Ammo receiver
    DPMS lower parts kit
    Hogue grip
    6 position stock
    m16 bcg & charging handle (borrowed from my A1 till I get my other bcg/ch)
    DSA flat top mid length A2 5.56 upper with fluted barrel.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, I no longer have a DSLR.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

It will serve you well man. Really good job making it look good and keeping it cheap.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Cool man, thinking about trying to do a budget build just to see how cheap I can pull it off. Looks good though.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Very nice. I need to run by Magpul one of these days, they are only 25min from me.

Comment

After looking at a few quad rails I decided to go with the Yankee Hill Diamond quad rail. Primary Arms down in Pearland has it for $99, which is the cheapest I've found online so far. They also have free shipping on the AFG2 so I went ahead and ordered that too.

Anyone happen to know if tactical light attachments are universal for lights? Any recommended tac light holders? I've got a Pentagon L3 that i'll throw on it till I purchase a smaller light.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            After looking at a few quad rails I decided to go with the Yankee Hill Diamond quad rail. Primary Arms down in Pearland has it for $99, which is the cheapest I've found online so far. They also have free shipping on the AFG2 so I went ahead and ordered that too.

Anyone happen to know if tactical light attachments are universal for lights? Any recommended tac light holders? I've got a Pentagon L3 that i'll throw on it till I purchase a smaller light.
            Might want to consider the larue picatinny covers that keep your rails from getting bang up and hanging on your clothing.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

how do you like that hogue grip on there? is is the overmold rubberish finish?
              i need to replace the pistol grips on all of mine but dont feel like having buyers remorse.

hogue never looks all that good in pictures but GD, i ordered the whole furniture set for my shotgun and it feels phenominal and looks good in person.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                how do you like that hogue grip on there? is is the overmold rubberish finish?
                i need to replace the pistol grips on all of mine but dont feel like having buyers remorse.

hogue never looks all that good in pictures but GD, i ordered the whole furniture set for my shotgun and it feels phenominal and looks good in person.
                It's the overmold rubbery material and I absolutely love the feel of it. IMO it's way more comfortable than the stock plastic grip. It was between the Hogue and the CAA grip with interchangeable straps on it, but I couldn't find anyone locally who had one I could hold, so Hogue it was.

You can find them (Hogue) at the gun shows for $20 if you look hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  It's the overmold rubbery material and I absolutely love the feel of it. IMO it's way more comfortable than the stock plastic grip. It was between the Hogue and the CAA grip with interchangeable straps on it, but I couldn't find anyone locally who had one I could hold, so Hogue it was.

You can find them (Hogue) at the gun shows for $20 if you look hard enough.
                  sweet. that's probably what im looking for.

either that or an ergo suregrip:

www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

fuuuu, i want this but fuck $108!!!
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Rubber-A...9047004&sr=1-5
                      Thats the reason my long range ar-15 still has factory everything. Function over form.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        Thats the reason my long range ar-15 still has factory everything. Function over form.
                        yup, i can deal with $17 for the grip, but not the + $90 for a "survival" kit. i'll just shove a match book in there.

i forgot my 16" has a slidefire now. no grip needed there, just 1 for my 20" ar.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That's pretty cool but eff paying $108 for that. Got my Hogue for $20 and just found a Hogue cap that allows you to store stuff in it for $12

Comment

ordered the ergo sure grip for $23 shipped.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Get the Ergo Grip, beats it its more comfortable on my hand (I have large hands) and its cheaper.

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                              X