Help a 1st timer on the track....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a 1st timer on the track....

This Saturday will be my first time on a track. What would you recomend for launch RPM on a stock 07 GT. Howabout shifts? I know to leave as soon as I see the 3 rd yellow. What other tips do our local DFWM racers have for me?

Drive the car the first couple times like you do on the street and just get comfortable with the starting line and the tree . Once you are comfortable then worry about going fast . You will have allot to think about the first couple runs till you are used to it .
    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Look me up while you are there and the boys and I will watch and give you pointers if you want .
      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
        Look me up while you are there and the boys and I will watch and give you pointers if you want .
        What color and car will you be in. I'll be in a Blue Gt with silver pearl stripes w/ California Special wheels on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          What color and car will you be in. I'll be in a Blue Gt with silver pearl stripes w/ California Special wheels on it.
          Just look for a 2000 green gt .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Put a cougar in the passenger seat.

Comment

Just look for a 2000 green gt .
              Alright, cool......... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                Put a cougar in the passenger seat.
                Two legged or the four legged kind?

Comment

This Saturday will be my first time on a track. What would you recomend for launch RPM on a stock 07 GT. Howabout shifts? I know to leave as soon as I see the 3 rd yellow. What other tips do our local DFWM racers have for me?
                  haha, same here. But wll be my second time to a track. 1st time was 12 years ago at ennis.lol! I remember rolling up to the tree almost for the start.
                  Will be fun finally giving it another shot.
                  Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                  90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Just don't stage with the back tires . I see that all the time . Remember that when you are on the line its your time . Take a breath , relax and take your time . Come to the tree slowly and lite the first stage bulb then stop . look to the other lane and see if both are lit then get ready and inch ahead . As soon as all four are lit its go time so be ready when you roll forward . Leave on the last yellow .
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Just don't stage with the back tires . I see that all the time . Remember that when you are on the line its your time . Take a breath , relax and take your time . Come to the tree slowly and lite the first stage bulb then stop . look to the other lane and see if both are lit then get ready and inch ahead . As soon as all four are lit its go time so be ready when you roll forward . Leave on the last yellow .
                      cool! thanks!
                      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Do you leave as soon as the last yellow starts to light up or when its full blown yellow?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                          cool! thanks!
                          We should line up against each other and see who can screw up the most lol

Comment

Do you leave as soon as the last yellow starts to light up or when its full blown yellow?
                            it really doesnt matter except your reaction time to the green light, which might be considered if you are racing someone you are about beating. otherwise remember, reaction time NEVER affects you et aka elasped time. so be an eagle and take it easy

<----realearning racing as well and will be with dumpycapri.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                              it really doesnt matter except your reaction time to the green light, which might be considered if you are racing someone you are about beating. otherwise remember, reaction time NEVER affects you et aka elasped time. so be an eagle and take it easy

<----realearning racing as well and will be with dumpycapri.
                              I thought the timer started as soon as the light turns green. Does the timer start when you move out of the 1st staging beam?

Comment

Working...
                              X