Dallas area lake levels - Lake Lavon and Lake Ray Hubbard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Yeah, but look at the levels Texoma is down to over the last couple of years. We pulled our boat out of there 3 or 4 years ago because the "texas flats" were about to show as new islands. Pool is 617 and was hearing it could go to low pool of 595'. The boat lifts had to be dredged heavily to get boats in and out.
    It's up to 612 almost 613 now, but if I remember right it hit 607 last year. My toon was almost on bottom. I bought a trailer and pulled it, but put it back on later in the year.

At 607ish my slip had about 1.5' below it. (checked with a stick) At 605 or below there are are going to be a lot of beached boats at some of these marinas.

Moving forward when my slip rental expires, I'm going back to a trailer for moving it around.

With that said, I know a lot of folks flip about the pipeline for NTMWD - it's the dam that really drains that lake though. At least that's the conclusion I came to and it makes sense. I think it was the year before last when they went to power generation they were supposed to be doing - it dropped around 10' in 3-4 months.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/denielev13.pdf This demonstrates it - over a 4 month period rather and went to 608* (not 607 like I listed) the following year.

Drought, power generation and standard water usage are all factors for that lake.

Comment

First big spring rain we get and that lake (Texhoma) will be back to above normal...
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          First big spring rain we get and that lake (Texhoma) will be back to above normal...
          Concur, but I don't think it'll stay there. At least enough for me to keep paying for a slip.

Comment

Bring some to Eagle Mountain its still down 10'+

Comment

Saw today where Cedar Creek is completely full again.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

The Brazos River Baby!
                Damn, how's it flowing south of whitney dam? I'm dying to dip a paddle
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  Damn, how's it flowing south of whitney dam? I'm dying to dip a paddle
                  He's north of Whitney. Ham creek/Kimble bend area

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                    Ill try to snap a pic later of Lake Ray Hubbard after this rain lets up, but this was 2/14/15: (before the rain dump)

The main road with cars is 66, the closer bridge was old 66, it was completely submerged for a long time before the water levels started going down.

4/12/15

Last edited by mustang_revival; 04-22-2015, 10:59 AM.
                    WRX

Comment

well that's better, but still has a long way to go

Comment

well its a start

Comment

Buchanan is still down 30+ feet.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I heard that svo's tears could refill all of the lakes and rivers in Texas.

Too bad he's never cried.

Yes, I went Chuck Norris.

Comment

In a little over a month Hubbard has gone up 12 feet. Lavon has gone up 15 feet (Since 3-11-15). LRH is approx 5 ft. below full and Lavon is 2 ft. below full. Thats a hell of a lot of water...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Send some this way!

Comment

Working...
                                X