Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Project: '66 coupe restoration (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Car looks great man. You should be proud.

The rule of thumb is, if it has chrome window frames then NO TINT. I already covered this on the other board.
    'preciate it. That's a good line of thought. Plus, if you see the one picture above of the interior, with the sunlight coming in, it's perfect. It really lights up in there. That interior is made to bathe in the light.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      The rule of thumb is, if it has chrome window frames then NO TINT. I already covered this on the other board.
      What are you trying to say?

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        I even had my two nephews (11,13) help out on the car and while they were riding with me yesterday, they pointed out that all the people were starring at something that they helped create, starring at their hard work. I finally acknowledged that it's ok to enjoy it, it was earned.
        That's cool that the kids got in on the satisfaction.

Hey BLAKE, what are the pinch welds? Bottom of the body panels?
        Yes. That 3/4 inch seam that runs under the rockers. It was painted black on all non-black cars from the factory, and I think it's for good reason. It's not a particularly handsome part of the car, and just disappears with a squirt of black.

The rocker strips were optional, and I think he likes them. As for the bumper guards, we were unaware that the GT rear valance negates the back ones, and thought the front should match. We have a brand new set that will now collect dust on a shelf because it looks good as is.
        Actually, I think the rocker panel trim was standard on all 66's and on 65 fastbacks (non-shelby) unless they had GT stripes. I chose to delete them and the bumper guards off of my '66. I think it looks a lot smoother without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          What are you trying to say?
          He's saying you're doing it wrong, but that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by blake View Post
            he's saying you're doing it wrong, but that's ok. :d
            dick!!

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

dick!!
              Heheheh, I know you don't mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Heheheh, I know you don't mean that.
                Only if you didn't mean what you stated earlier, you hurted my feelings.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Only if you didn't mean what you stated earlier, you hurted my feelings.
                  Awwww. Well, you're still doing it wrong, but that wouldn't keep me from having a beer or 10 with you.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Awwww. Well, you're still doing it wrong, but that wouldn't keep me from having a beer or 10 with you.
                    Ha!! So classic mustang date?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      Ha!! So classic mustang date?
                      Sounds fun!

Comment

• Ok, that's what I thought about the welds, one detail I've overlooked. As for the rocker trim I just meant we were tossing up the idea of leaving them off but I think they will go back on. You're right BLAKE they were standard except for GT's I believe.

I'm still trying to iron a few issues out like the passenger rear tire rubbing, that's a big issue. I don't get it. Some fuel comes out of the filler cap on hard acceleration, no idea why other than the lack of any kind of baffle. If you guys can chime in I would greatly appreciate it.

Classic stang date? Hell I'm in and I'll pick up the tab. Just say when/where.

Comment

• Well where do yall live? Anywhere McKinney, Allen, Frisco is good with me.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            Well where do yall live? Anywhere McKinney, Allen, Frisco is good with me.
                            LMFAO. That's closer to Oklahoma than the metroplex.

I believe Blake already covered my thoughts on window tint.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I'm in Sachse, but I'll drive anywhere conidering I need to put miles on the coupe. In the coming weeks, if the weather is nice, I'm looking for an excuse to drive it anywhere. When I'm out and about I'll post up in here.

Comment

• Well after measuring, the passenger side is definately 1/2-3/4 inch lower in the rear. I can easily fit three fingers vertically between the tire/quarter lip on the driver's side, but not on the passenger side. Its not the body as others said they noticed a slight lean from behind this weekend. Something is causing the passenger side rear suspension to sag, not sure what!?!?

New leafs and shocks, orig. U-bolt brackets, new u-bolts, nothing jumps out at me. All seems kosher. It will take further investigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X