Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Project: '66 coupe restoration (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at the shackle. Sometimes you have multiple positions and you may have them installed differently on each side.

Over a half inch difference between the sides is quite a bit. I would suspect crash damage if everything is new.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• You did a great job on this car. Both inside and out, looks excellent. I like that you didn't go with larger wheels, as they look pretty dumb on this body. However, I think it would look quite a bit better sitting just a little lower. Any plans on lowering it, or is it where you want it?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Thanks cj. No plans to lower it. We wanted to retain a relatively stock look, lots of tire and white letters were a must. 15" wheels were only added to clearance the new brakes, otherwise the 14"s would've gone back on it.

I think the rear end just needs some tweaking. It appears to sit the same difference out on the passenger side, so it's just a little off. It used to have the high rake shackles and airshocks, those are history. I probably tightened everything while it was still in the air, so I'll just loosen it and set it down and re-tighten. If not then my problem is probably in the plates on the leafs, one part we didn't replace.

It had been smacked on the passenger side in the 70's but all that was straightened out and support was added, so it's probably just my install error.

Rain rain go away, I want to drive it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          Man that looks good. I wish our rear bumper was gapped like yours, it's perfect. I still need to get this one closer, it looks like ass right now.

I can't wait for the day that I can stand back and say "it's done".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
            I can't wait for the day that I can stand back and say "it's done".
            Thanks, but that day never comes
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I think it would look badass with the styled steel wheels like these: http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...paign=shopping

and double redline tires!

Comment

• I just wanted to chime in with my window tint and black frames since z06 showed his.

Sorry for the not so great pic. All my lights are on in my garage

Originally posted by Baron
                If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

• I've been thinking of doing my frames in black for a while. Looks good, are the insides black too?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    I've been thinking of doing my frames in black for a while. Looks good, are the insides black too?

Yeah i painted them inside and out. I need new frames and glass eventually and I will be going back to black when I do that. I love it.
                    Originally posted by Baron
                    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

• That's a clean look. If I had to replace any of the glass/frames that would be the way to go.

MattB, I'm not a fan of those wheels, or any stock wheels on these cars, except for maybe the magnum 5 spoke black and chrome. I do love the American racing old school torque thrust 14's that BLAKE has, that's what was on it. They're sitting in the corner of my shop now, awaiting a new finish and owner.

Comment

I think the rear end just needs some tweaking. It appears to sit the same difference out on the passenger side, so it's just a little off. It used to have the high rake shackles and airshocks, those are history.
                        I'm not going all doom and gloom on you, because it could be just the hardware, but these cars are not designed for air shocks in the rear and the area where the shocks mount in the floor board can be damaged. I would check that out while you're messing with the rear end.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          I'm not going all doom and gloom on you, because it could be just the hardware, but these cars are not designed for air shocks in the rear and the area where the shocks mount in the floor board can be damaged. I would check that out while you're messing with the rear end.
                          That seems to be fine, and the plates that go under for the u-bolts seem to be fine. I'm going to try something tonite before I rip the leaf off completely and make yet another trip to Dallas Mustang to return a BRAND NEW, useless part.

Trying to solve a loud fan issue as well. Thread in The Garage forum.

What do you classic guys run as far as a radiator/fan setup?

Comment

That seems to be fine, and the plates that go under for the u-bolts seem to be fine. I'm going to try something tonite before I rip the leaf off completely and make yet another trip to Dallas Mustang to return a BRAND NEW, useless part.

Trying to solve a loud fan issue as well. Thread in The Garage forum.

What do you classic guys run as far as a radiator/fan setup?
                            I've got a stock radiator with a generic electric fan from O'Reilly's on mine. It's hard to judge volume via a video clip, but I will say that mine is nowhere near as high pitched as that one. Mine is similar to a stock SN95 fan.

Comment

• I have a NASCAR rad and an old flex fan. I have an F-body electric fan to put on it.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                                I've got a stock radiator with a generic electric fan from O'Reilly's on mine. It's hard to judge volume via a video clip, but I will say that mine is nowhere near as high pitched as that one. Mine is similar to a stock SN95 fan.
                                It's very high pitched, like a tornado siren!! I'll just have to hunt one down that will fit my radiator and move enough air. This one is going back.

Comment

Working...
                                X