Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is going on with Form 3's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Cash buyer here!
    You should find something else to spend your money on, it isn't worth the hassle.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      You should find something else to spend your money on, it isn't worth the hassle.
      Definitely.

Comment

I have tried all kinds of hobbies but they are all serious wallet killers (especially anything with spark plugs as you all well know). I have yet to lose money on a gun and I think that is what makes this hobby so great.

Back in the day when I was buying stuff to make my car go faster I felt bad about 5 minutes after hitting the buy button. I have yet to feel that way about a gun because I always know that I am getting a very liquid asset. My car on the other hand sits around as a monument to obsessive and needless spending.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

What the hell is going on with Form 3's?

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          I have tried all kinds of hobbies but they are all serious wallet killers (especially anything with spark plugs as you all well know). I have yet to lose money on a gun and I think that is what makes this hobby so great.

Back in the day when I was buying stuff to make my car go faster I felt bad about 5 minutes after hitting the buy button. I have yet to feel that way about a gun because I always know that I am getting a very liquid asset. My car on the other hand sits around as a monument to obsessive and needless spending.
          The only thing that would apply to in NFA is machine guns. After that the shit drops off in value (rare obscurities excluded). And your muffle or SBR is just like every other gun you wouldn't have to wait months for.

Comment

Correct, but I only collect obscure stuff that I know will appreciate in value. Mostly odd pre-'89 ban stuff and whatnot.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I've never had any firearm go down in value.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have. But only because people were paying thousands then stopped and brought it back to normal retail.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  I have. But only because people were paying thousands then stopped and brought it back to normal retail.
                  Meaning you bought something that was at an inflated price. If you buy at the wrong time you can lose money on anything. If you bought an AR15 6 months ago for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Meaning you bought something that was at an inflated price. If you buy at the wrong time you can lose money on anything. If you bought an AR15 6 months ago for instance.
                    Well I lost money on a p22, XD, couple 1911s, two glocks, and a colt .22 AR thing. All psi in retail, but all still available that no one would pay retail for used when they can get new.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
                      Well I lost money on a p22, XD, couple 1911s, two glocks, and a colt .22 AR thing. All psi in retail, but all still available that no one would pay retail for used when they can get new.
                      You hold onto any gun long enough and you won't lose money, you were just turning them around too quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        I have a good friend in DFW that is waiting on 3 Forms in for two suppressors and one factory Kriss SBR. These forms have been in for over 20 months. He is on a Trust and has a couple stamps already but they are on Form 1 stuff. Those stamps came back in 4-5 months. I have begged him to get the S/N from the FFL and call the ATF. He blew it off and tried to convince me that there was no need and the guy was on the up and up. Mind you, the FFL used his checks to cover the stamp fees, filled out the documents and mailed them off to the ATF. The FFL has handled everything. Then the FFL got real sick. Stopped answering the phones. Son claimed his dad was to ill to handle it. Guy gets better, now can't find copies of the cashed checks, ect.

FINALLY he gets a S/N and he calls the ATF. The ATF claims that they can not find the 3 forms and that according to them, the Texas region had a bunch of misfiled documents.

So we have a case of the FFL being full of shit and taking money for 3 NFA items, lying for almost 2 years, then the ATF is clueless and gives merit to the FFL's story with their "misfiled, maybe, we are looking into it" story.

DO NOT give your FFL money and let them do all the work. Put deposit on items, pay in full when you can put your hands on them and verify the S/N, mail the Form yourself, track the Form yourself, pay the fee yourself from your own checking account, and use the FFL only to hold your NFA item until the ATF sends YOU the Form back. My buddy is too fucking trusting and I want to kick him in the balls sometimes.

As soon as I can get him to give me the guys name I am posting it. He is supposedly a well known NFA FFL in DFW. Older dude.
                        You realise unless you Form 1 and item and make it, All Form 4's go to the dealer. The ATF will not mail you a form 4 unless you are the seller. The buyer is at the total mercy of the seller/dealer on all Form 4 purchases

Comment

• Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                          You realise unless you Form 1 and item and make it, All Form 4's go to the dealer. The ATF will not mail you a form 4 unless you are the seller. The buyer is at the total mercy of the seller/dealer on all Form 4 purchases
                          Yes, you right. However, when the buyer is the one cutting the check, there is a mode right there to verify the ATF received it or not. My buddy is getting horse fucked by this dealer and if he will ever give me the name, I will out him.

When I did my Form 4s with Cheaper than Dirt. I was right there with Dewayne and Robert when the envelopes were closed up and I got a copy of the tracking number the very next day. These were my first NFA items and Robert (big white guy with the tats and huge beard) explained to me how everything would work.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Got a call from TacPro and suppressor showed up. So Saturday I'm supposed to go sign the forms and they're gonna send it off. And also I was being told a Schedule A was not needed??

Comment

• Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                              Got a call from TacPro and suppressor showed up. So Saturday I'm supposed to go sign the forms and they're gonna send it off. And also I was being told a Schedule A was not needed??
                              Send it in without a schedule A and see what happens. For that matter, you can ask Keith what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                Send it in without a schedule A and see what happens. For that matter, you can ask Keith what happens.

[head down in shame] send it in [/the shame]
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X