Android help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you give me a small list of benefits that comes with rooting your phone
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

ok Redneck...teach me the ways of rooting my phone lol
      2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Comment

Have a look here too.

In this guide I will attempt to help you learn your way around your device, help you gain a little knowledge, and to eliminate some of the random threads asking the same thing. I would also like to take this time to especially thank: attn1 and...

Comment

what all is this going to change on my phone...UI look? signal strength? down and up speeds?

Comment

To begin w/all our data but pics and any music will be gone. You need to sync your contacts to google and backup your mms/sms w/ SMS Backup+ from market and sync your apps w/ APP Brain from market too. This will help you get all that stuff back.

The UI can/will be different, all the ATT bloat will be gone(ROM dependent), you can tether for free, OC, undervolt for battery life, change the boot animation.....

The short of it is you can make your phone look an do what you want it to, not just what ATT thinks you should be able to do.

The actual rooting process only takes about 15 mins once you have every thing ready.

Comment

if I hooked the phone to the pc and turned on sync for everything in there...does it do the contacts too or do I need to do that a different way

Comment

Tbh, I don't know. I've never used HTC Sync and if it did work but you chose a rom that wasn't based on stock w/sync still in it, you couldn't restore your data that way.

When you sync to Google, all your contact data returns when you log into your acct and sync it again.

Comment

ok...so I looked in my gmail acct. and all my contacts are in there already so I assume it got done when I got my phone a couple weeks back...as far as my SD card is concerned, will everything stay on it because I've got a lot of music on it and pics?

Comment

You'll need to make a folder on your PC and copy the entire contents to that as you'll need the SD to make a gold card. A gold card is used to temp downgrade to run the exploit for root.

Once it's all done, you can reformat the SD and copy everything back to it.

Comment

lol...i can't find the "effen manual" either

Comment

Make a folder on C: called acehack, unzip the dl to that folder then open it and click the effen manual icon. It'll open a tab in your browser.

BTW, if your antivirus and anti spyware were enabled when you dled the file, turn them both off now and leave them off till your completely done.

Comment

k...found the file and ran it, went to website to get reverse CID and it said error...so i was going to repeat process of entering email and shit but when i went back to website, it said an email has been sent with gold image or whatever so i am waiting on the email to see if it actually worked or not

Comment

Pm me your email address and I'll send you the img I used. It'll work on any Inspire.

Comment

i got it...had to do it again though...bout to be on step 3

Comment

Working...
                                X