New Cheby Silverado 4X4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cheby Silverado 4X4

This seems to be the month for new cars. First the Jeep Wrangler and now the Cheby Silverado 1500 4X4. We now have a 2-1 ratio for 4WD vehicles in the house (well, when the 97 F150 gets sold)....

Here it is on the drive home from Ada, OK:

And today after a leveling kit:

This is the leveling kit:

Suspension Lift Kits, Leveling Kits, body lift, Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Dodge, Toyota, Mickey Thompson Tires

It is getting new wheels:

and these tires:

God that is small.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      God that is small.
      Yea, I'm not used to hearing that..

Comment

You're such a baller! I like your color choices, white rules.

Comment

Seriously, looks like a smashed truck. That bed is short!

Comment

I dunno if I just got used to my older model or what, but I can't say I am a fan of the newer models like this. Feels too car like when I drive one.

Congrats though
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Seriously, looks like a smashed truck. That bed is short!
              It's for a Senior in high school and the truck is going to last through college.

He can have something bigger when dad isn't paying for it.

Comment

I didn't say it was a bad choice, I'm just saying I have never seen a RCSB I guess before because that looks odd to me.

Comment

I know you don't give a rat's ass about my opinion, but I would have gone 1/2 higher in the front, still not level. And I don't like the wheels you chose, I think some nice factory alloys would look better. Tires will look badass though.

Comment

I didn't say it was a bad choice, I'm just saying I have never seen a RCSB I guess before because that looks odd to me.
                    No offense taken, it's just that when it's my checkbook, he can live with a compromise of what he wants (4X4 truck) and what I will pay for. I wanted something that wasn't ungodly expensive but had a warranty.

He's investing some of his money in the tires and wheels.

Comment

I have a friend that is the parts manager at the local Chevy dealer. He said its weird because every time a GM400 frame rolls in its always simple and cheap stuff to fix. GM800s are the same with the addition of engine seals usually. He said the shocker is most of the new Silverados that come in need engines and transmissions and rear ends and computers. Its a shame because I really like the look of the current Silverados and was half way thinking of making car payments again. Glad he warned me. I know it has warranty but still don't need my truck in the shop all the time wile they put me in an Aveo.

Anyway, hope yours is a good one!
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        I know you don't give a rat's ass about my opinion, but I would have gone 1/2 higher in the front, still not level. And I don't like the wheels you chose, I think some nice factory alloys would look better. Tires will look badass though.

That's the lift the kit provided. I would like it a tad higher, but it's a damn sight better than stock.

The kid chose the wheels. I voted to keep the factory ones, or buy some new Z71 take offs.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          I have a friend that is the parts manager at the local Chevy dealer. He said its weird because every time a GM400 frame rolls in its always simple and cheap stuff to fix. GM800s are the same with the addition of engine seals usually. He said the shocker is most of the new Silverados that come in need engines and transmissions and rear ends and computers. Its a shame because I really like the look of the current Silverados and was half way thinking of making car payments again. Glad he warned me. I know it has warranty but still don't need my truck in the shop all the time wile they put me in an Aveo.

Anyway, hope yours is a good one!
                          Do you do Chevy warranty work???

Comment

What kit did you get? I got a ReadyLift leveling kit for mine. It leveled it pretty well.

Comment

i think it would look better with a diff set of factory wheels over the aftermaket.

I cant get into the new aftermarket look of wheels for trucks these days. Esp on 4x4's

Comment

Working...
                              X