X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap, I Did It Again... A 55 Chevy this time

I thought I'd share my latest Toy.

A 1955 Chevy 3200 pickup.

A few Saturdays ago, I hitched up the trailer and headed down to Cockrell Hill. Backed up the driveway, unspooled the winch, and opened the shed doors. It looked like a scene from "Hoarders," junk piled around, on and in this little guy. Hooked up the cable and drug it out.

It had been stored in there since 1987 and finally saw the light of day.

It has a 235 L6 and was a Powerglide which I have already replaced with an original column shift 3spd manual setup. Initial plans are to get it road worthy and clean it up a bit. Nothing drastic yet.

So on with a few pics. Enjoy.

The shed I pulled it from.

First light in 25+ years.

On the trailer.

First bath, must not have had tree sap on it. lol

New brakes, M/S, flushed the fuel system and C/L tires

And how it currently sits. Cruises pretty good but it's the slowest thing I own.

And a quick MS Paint. Kind of shooting for this stance and a granite blue/gray color. But that's all in the future after I get some other projects out of the way.

Last edited by homealone; 03-24-2015, 09:58 AM.

I fully dig it man!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

cool truck

Nice find

good work !

Comment

Always loved those trucks
        Very cool
        "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Who cares if it's slow? That's a hell of a find! Damnit that's a nice truck!
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Very cool, I'm jelly

Comment

nice!
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

your lucky gas monkey didn't find it first! lol..

Comment

Nice save! I like it.

Comment

That's pimp. I dont know why the long bed stepside always looked cool to me.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Nice.....

Comment

I like it.
                        Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

My dad's 58 short bed was originally a long bed. A previous owner cut it down. They had done a great job, it wasn't noticeable at all.

Comment

Very cool! Had it been maintained at all during the past 25 years?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I've been jonesing for another one ever since I sold my 49 Chevy several years back.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              I fully dig it man!
                              It's no falcon, but oh well. lol

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              your lucky gas monkey didn't find it first! lol..
                              They already beat me to one. I was second in line to buy the convertible Mustang they wrecked. Somebody beat me to it by a couple minutes.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              That's pimp. I dont know why the long bed stepside always looked cool to me.
                              The 3200 is kind of cool. It's a short bed after the fenders and a long bed in front of them. They look pretty sweet when they are low to the ground.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              My dad's 58 short bed was originally a long bed. A previous owner cut it down. They had done a great job, it wasn't noticeable at all.
                              Making it a short bed is an option. Not hard to do. The frame is straight so you just cut it. For the bed, you unbolt the front panel, shorten the bed sides, drill new holes and bolt the front panel back on.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              Very cool! Had it been maintained at all during the past 25 years?
                              The story I got and from the looks of it, no. It was driven in the building, the doors were closed and it was never seen again.

Comment

Working...
                              X