Crap, I Did It Again... A 55 Chevy this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homealone View Post

The 3200 is kind of cool. It's a short bed after the fenders and a long bed in front of them. They look pretty sweet when they are low to the ground.
    The coolest one Ive seen was on a bagged dually frame, and the bed was widened to cover the dual rear wheels. Whomever did it had to have used two beds to make it look right, it was really hard to see where the new seams were.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Making it a short bed is an option. Not hard to do. The frame is straight so you just cut it. For the bed, you unbolt the front panel, shorten the bed sides, drill new holes and bolt the front panel back on.
      As I understand it, that is exactly what they did with his.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        The coolest one Ive seen was on a bagged dually frame, and the bed was widened to cover the dual rear wheels. Whomever did it had to have used two beds to make it look right, it was really hard to see where the new seams were.
        I have been looking for a COE for a long time, (before they were cool) to put on a dually chassis.

Comment

Damn, I was surprised how good it looked after a washing! Nice score
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

I have been looking for a COE for a long time, (before they were cool) to put on a dually chassis.
            I missed a very clean cab, it had been restored with new glass, seals, seats, paint, etc. a while back. Guy wanted $3500, and when I went to go look at it he said it was sold, and he dumped it for like 2g's.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The story I got and from the looks of it, no. It was driven in the building, the doors were closed and it was never seen again.

Ran when parked. lol @ tree sap.

Comment

Wanna sell it?
                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

damn clean truck. i like

Comment

Great purchase BTW.. I meant to say that in my original post but forgot.

You should be able to make some good money off that once you get it where you want it.

My dad's was originally an inline 6 with the "3 on the tree" when he bought it from his brother in the early 90's, but he eventually upgraded it with a 350 crate motor from Ford and a used Turbo 350. Other than the shorter bed and some restoration, it was pretty much stock (steering and all that). He did lower it and it wasn't nearly perfect, but it was a clean, solid driver. He ended up selling it to his cousin (my 2nd cousin) for like $8,500 a few years ago. His cousin still has it and only lives about 10 miles from my dad.

He brought it up to my dad's house while we were up there in August to rub my nose in it. My dad was going to "sell" it to me before him, but ended up needing the cash quickly and I wasn't prepared to pony up in full, not to mention having it shipped here from WA.

How many cars are you up to these days? 15? 20?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Ran when parked. lol @ tree sap.
                      Well they were my trees and all.

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                      Wanna sell it?
                      No, not yet. I've got a sweet 66 Ranchero I'd sell though.

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                      damn clean truck. i like
                      Thanks

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Great purchase BTW.. I meant to say that in my original post but forgot.

How many cars are you up to these days? 15? 20?
                      Thanks. Cool story about your dad's truck. I still have my Grandpa's 71 Chevy he bought new. It's not going anywhere.

I have lots of ideas and actually most of the parts to build something cool but I've got other projects to deal with first. One thing it might get soon is a T-5 to make it more streetable.

As for cars, I'm really afraid to figure it out. I think I'm around a dozen.

Comment

Nice
                        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Great looking truck. I just picked up a 58 lwb that we plan to shorten.

Comment

Simply badass.

Comment

Working...
                            X