going back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going back to school

So recently with all the fb pictures of everyone graduating i have been tossing the idea of going back to school, but i just dont know what for. i currently have 68 hrs in criminal justice since i wanted to be a cop but since that fell thru im stuck, im currently a field tech on a cell phone network but i dont know if thats what i wanna do FOREVER, this field is just not guaranteed. I even thought about applying to be a fire fighter but not keen on spending the night away from family. My current employer will pay for my school but i just dont know what else to do......any ideas???

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

The only job that is really secure and guaranteed is undertaker. Dieing is the only thing that everyone has to do.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I just enrolled into college 5 days ago. My goal is to be an aerospace engineer. I've been working on the heaps for 12 years now as an aircraft mechanic. Hopefully that will help some.

Comment

I would at least try to select a field before ever going back to school without a focus. Sounds like you are interested in doing something more physical? And is there no way for you to become an officer now?

Comment

Engineering! We need more engineers.

We only had 34 graduates for BSEE at UTA this semester. (No one heckled me)

I guess the completion rate is about 30-35% from the levels of the Intro to EE class to graduation.
          class joke
          {
          private:
          char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
          double Peas, Carrots;
          string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
          };

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I would at least try to select a field before ever going back to school without a focus. Sounds like you are interested in doing something more physical? And is there no way for you to become an officer now?
            Yeah i would like something more than just sitting at a desk and waiting to help people figure out how to unlock their computers or fixing tneir mouse, no PD's are out of the question now

Originally posted by DOHCTR
            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              The only job that is really secure and guaranteed is undertaker. Dieing is the only thing that everyone has to do.
              Don't forget the taxman.

Comment

hey me too, starting a 2 year associates degree in avionics technology on jan. 12 at TSTC waco.

Comment

I have been considering heading to law school to become a patent law or maritime law attorney. Both fields pay well and have little competition. I took the LSAT earlier this year and got a 172 but haven't decided on a school yet. Given that I have an advanced degree already I figure that it will take about 2 years to finish the new degree. If anyone here has experience in either of these fields I would love to discuss it with you.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    I have been considering heading to law school to become a patent law or maritime law attorney. Both fields pay well and have little competition. I took the LSAT earlier this year and got a 172 but haven't decided on a school yet. Given that I have an advanced degree already I figure that it will take about 2 years to finish the new degree. If anyone here has experience in either of these fields I would love to discuss it with you.
                    For patent law...you better be in love with paperwork. I thought it would be cool for awhile but realized it is something I couldn't take forever. And 2 years is pretty quick for a JD...

Comment

I took the LSAT earlier this year and got a 172
                      Of course you did.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What schools are you looking at

Comment

Why does everything you post sound like bullshit?

Comment

because he's trying to say he scored in the 99th percentile on the LSAT

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              What schools are you looking at

So far A&M, UT, SMU, and Wesleyan. Wesleyan looks the best since I won't have to move and can keep close tabs on my local business interest.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X