No announcement yet.

going back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you will not be allowed to finish in two years. first year schedule is mandatory and no way you can take 60 hours in year two....

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      So far A&M, UT, SMU, and Wesleyan. Wesleyan looks the best since I won't have to move and can keep close tabs on my local business interest.
      They have abbreviated programs?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
        because he's trying to say he scored in the 99th percentile on the LSAT

The last time I took it I scored that high on half of the SAT as well. There have been some changes to it recently and I haven't been studying for it for the past 2 years like I have been doing for the LSAT. If I have to take it again maybe we can compare our test scores if you want to make a pissing contest out of it.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Wesleyan looks the best since I won't have to move and can keep close tabs on my local business interest.
          And it doesn't take a 172 to get in there.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by broke again View Post
            you will not be allowed to finish in two years. first year schedule is mandatory and no way you can take 60 hours in year two....
            Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Not really sure. So far I have just been looking at cost and if I can get in. The schools listed are the ones that I am sure that I can get into.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

So far A&M, UT, SMU, and Wesleyan. Wesleyan looks the best since I won't have to move and can keep close tabs on my local business interest.
              172 is 98.6 percentile. It would get you into Yale and other top of the top schools. Why are you pulling your pud here "thinking about Wesleyan"

WTF kind of 'business interest' is anchoring you if you're really at that level?

Comment

I have been considering heading to law school to become a patent law or maritime law attorney. Both fields pay well and have little competition. I took the LSAT earlier this year and got a 172 but haven't decided on a school yet. Given that I have an advanced degree already I figure that it will take about 2 years to finish the new degree. If anyone here has experience in either of these fields I would love to discuss it with you.
                You are so full of shit. Your advanced degree means dick for JD. You should probably start researching some of the elementary information, as research becomes your life. I have classmates with phd's and masters, and they still have to go through the ABA mandated rigors of a 90 hour program. So you know what your's will be? 90 hours.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                For patent law...you better be in love with paperwork. I thought it would be cool for awhile but realized it is something I couldn't take forever. And 2 years is pretty quick for a JD...
                So quick, it's impossible!

Of course you did.
                Right?!
                Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                What schools are you looking at
                He wouldn't be looking at any schools, with a 172, they would be looking at him, as in Yale, Harvard and every other t-15 school offering him full rides.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Why does everything you post sound like bullshit?
                It also smells of such pedigree.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                because he's trying to say he scored in the 99th percentile on the LSAT
                T-15 muthaaaafuckaaaa.

No you aren't. Otherwise you would know you are full of shit and a fucking liar. Texas A&M purchased Texas Wesleyan's law school. It's kind of a big deal. The last time it happened was Penn State and Dickinson School of Law (Cock of the walk, baby!) in 2000. It doesn't happen often. You are either uniformed or full of shit. Given your history, the latter seems like the likely answer.

Originally posted by broke again View Post
                Plus, if one goes full time, they are not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week. Which, frankly, is insane on top of the load. You have to get waivers for anything over 16 hours and the first year is a lockstep program of 30 hours (15/semester). At most schools, 6 is the most you can take in the summer.
                Negative. They have other semesters (wintermesters, summer, late summer, externships, etc), but it would be a prison grind with a nearly 100% chance of burnout, as 90 hours are still required.

The last time I took it I scored that high on half of the SAT as well. There have been some changes to it recently and I haven't been studying for it for the past 2 years like I have been doing for the LSAT. If I have to take it again maybe we can compare our test scores if you want to make a pissing contest out of it.
                Did you just write an "L" on the SAT to get your 172? Have you actually sat for this thing, or just done practice tests?

And it doesn't take a 172 to get in there.
                Yale would not let this guy go. And his business would be a non-issue, as they would foot his bill for the next three years.

Wishful bullshitting on my part I guess.

Not really sure. So far I have just been looking at cost and if I can get in. The schools listed are the ones that I am sure that I can get into.
                Edited that for you. If? Unless you skipped undergrad, that LSAT score is a free ticket to law school. Now that I think about it, I have a friend/classmate that scored a dogshit (compared to your score) 163. She received a full ride from A&M. Her undergrad GPA was considerably lower than mine as well.

I'm thinking that dog semen you came into contact with has rotted your brain, giving you a subform of dementia where you are convinced that your bullshit and lies are unverifiable.

Comment

172 is 98.6 percentile. It would get you into Yale and other top of the top schools. Why are you pulling your pud here "thinking about Wesleyan"

WTF kind of 'business interest' is anchoring you if you're really at that level?
                  Addressed in the multi-quote. The Yale welcoming committee would make all but the most obscenely profitable business interests completely irrelevant. "Supreme Court Clerk" has more dick wagging power than "Cleaned <insert rich guy>'s pool in Dallas"

We have a Lewis trilemma on our hands. Liar, Lunatic, or Lawyer. In this case, the first two options seem to have some pretty solid weight in their favor. The degree of full'o'shittery seems to be solidly anchoring the Liar tag as the most likely option.

Comment

172 LSAT from this guy?

I am a pool guy so I fuck a lot of married women. From what I have seen they just want some strange. I have also lived an alternative life style for many years and have seen my significant other being fucked or sucking dick in front of me and it is not something that bothers me. The flip side to that is that I have had way strange pussy in front of my GF then she has had strange dick.

Comment

Perhaps an Idiot Savant, without that pesky savant part? I mean, maybe he cleans that pool with a beautiful mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        He wouldn't be looking at any schools, with a 172, they would be looking at him, as in Yale, Harvard and every other t-15 school offering him full rides.

Yale would not let this guy go. And his business would be a non-issue, as they would foot his bill for the next three years.

Comment

Comment

See, fuck the slackjaws from 7-15! I've heard that the 170 baseline is the golden ticket to the legal chocolate factory. I should have been rocking the LSAT Audio Series on my walkman (the yellow waterproof one) while scrubbing the bottom of the deep end. I'd currently be living adderall dreams in New Haven waiting for my windfall to come in.

Comment

Sean with the multi-Boosh!

Comment

In this unearthed lost movie from 1990 that the studio deemed too terrible to release, a Vietnam Veteran Sal Bando(Sorbo), tortured by his past as a Poolboy returns home to Van Nuys, California, and a country he doesn't recognize, in which it seems only Mexicans run pool-cleaning companies. Bando sets off on a brutal mission to reclaim his "rightful" vocation and enact revenge on the man(Trejo) who killed his wife and son. While busting his ass to master the LSAT, and partner with the law school that lets him keep his pool business interests alive and thriving.

Comment

Working...
                                X