regular cab STX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regular cab STX

i dont see many online, are they special ordered trucks or just not commonly ordered. i was considering that or an Xcab
    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

I had a 2010 regular cab. I don't have kids to haul around and I wanted a truck that fits in a standard home garage.

It was hard to find but they have them on some lots.
    Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

That is a very interesting question. Hopefully Skip will chime in and answer this.

It seems like no matter what dealership ( or brand other than Toyota ) that every lot will have trucks in lots of 10 of each color offered with: a Crew Cab, heated leather seats, 4X4, 8' beds, custom rims, etc. with an average MSRP of $42,000.

Last year while talking to the Ford people at the state fair I asked them if they ever were going to bring back the Ranger so people like me that didnt want to spend $35,000+ on a truck ( and didnt need a monster sized one either ) might have something to buy. He said they had no plans to bring the Ranger back into production domestically because the profit margins were too slim and the rebates on the F-150 made cost about the same.

Ive never seen one ( an F-150 in Ranger price ranges that met what I was looking for ) available... Maybe they are just banned in Texas?
      Last edited by Lajntx; 08-26-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

are you talking about a F150 ranger, or an actual ranger truck?
        the XL would be like the old rangers. i still want cloth,power and a V8 so an STX would be my choice.
        Last edited by SNEAKY; 08-26-2013, 09:12 PM.
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
          the XL would be like the old rangers. i still want cloth,power and a V8 so an STX would be my choice.
          I was refering to the old Ranger trucks that were discontinued a few years ago. To me the F-150 line is simply "Too Big" for what I need and want out of a truck. I will probably be like most former Ranger owners and end up buying a Tacoma in the next few years when the day comes to buy a truck.

Really wish Ford would bring the Ranger back to the USA. It`s doing quite well in Aussie land.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEe4VAlqWfc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoYvW5GYUyI[/ame]
          Last edited by Lajntx; 08-26-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Gas in AUS is $1.50/ltr. If it were that here, there might be a demand for Rangers. I always found just the opposite of you, that nothing fit in my Tacoma (crew cab 5ft bed), but it did fit in the garage.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
              I've got a 2013 Supercab STX with the 5.0 I've had since January and I love mine. For the price they are hard to beat if you don't need a quad cab. You get the full size bed. Now I've made some mods to mine but they are good trucks. A regular cab stx with the 5.0 should be a pretty quick little truck.
              2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
              1990 GT Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                Gas in AUS is $1.50/ltr. If it were that here, there might be a demand for Rangers. I always found just the opposite of you, that nothing fit in my Tacoma (crew cab 5ft bed), but it did fit in the garage.
                I would just need it as a 3rd spare vehicle with the ocasional hauling duties....Which is never larger than that kind of bed.

If it wasnt for the fact that I now have added 2 new car notes ( `13 Focus & `14 Mustang ) within the last 4 months, I would probably be looking high and low for a used `11 Ranger.

Alas, for now on the rare occasions I do need a truck there is always the 6 pack for the buddy or I can simply trade my sister my mustang for the day in exchange for her -as she puts it -- "Not Big enough" crew cab GMC Sierra

Comment

Working...
                X