????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ????

So all of you guys talking about how it used to be with skip when he was at gvf , how many of you actually bought a car from skip ( him being the the actual salesman) I purchased 7 vehicles in a two and a half year span, although I met skip and spoke for a combined 5 minutes, he was not my salesman, purdy was, each and every time. I didn't know skip was a salesman or acted as such. If that's the case I think everyone is wrong in thinking that stone should be hand walking them through there transaction , maybe he needs one direct salesman to work with like purdy did with skip. Or I could be wrong altogether , wouldn't be the first time .

I bought three new cars from Josh. Not one from Skip.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
      I bought three new cars from Josh. Not one from Skip.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
        So all of you guys talking about how it used to be with skip when he was at gvf , how many of you actually bought a car from skip ( him being the the actual salesman) I purchased 7 vehicles in a two and a half year span, although I met skip and spoke for a combined 5 minutes, he was not my salesman, purdy was, each and every time. I didn't know skip was a salesman or acted as such. If that's the case I think everyone is wrong in thinking that stone should be hand walking them through there transaction , maybe he needs one direct salesman to work with like purdy did with skip. Or I could be wrong altogether , wouldn't be the first time .

If you read the posts where people are talking about "how it used to be" they usually go on to talk about their purchase, or elaborate.. Kind of a dumbass question. Maybe you could list the people you're talking about specifically, or better yet, quote them and then ask this this question.

Comment

Skip wanted all people to be funneled through him so he could make sure the "right" person did the deal (Usually Purdy).
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Purdy wasn't available the day I got mine, I was handled by Adam (I think) but Skip made the deal happen with the numbers I wanted (better than I expected actually).
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              If you read the posts where people are talking about "how it used to be" they usually go on to talk about their purchase, or elaborate.. Kind of a dumbass question. Maybe you could list the people you're talking about specifically, or better yet, quote them and then ask this this question.
              No need , everyone else understood

Comment

Josh sold me my '12 GT, but Skip oversaw the whole transaction and was there during the financing part. Overall, it was a pretty good time. Only "complaint" for me was that I went for a used '11 GT and we got everything wrapped up, or so I thought, but it was getting late so we decided to finish the next day. At work that night, I found out that my company qualified for X plan, so I filled out the form, got my number, figured it couldn't hurt. Went back in the morning, and the '11 I wanted had been "sold", and a nice, brand new '12 was there in it's place. Got it for less than the '11 was going to cost too. The '11 was a base model GT with cloth and an automatic, the '12 was hard loaded with leather and a manual. Really didn't mind the trade up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                  He did try to lure me into a Green Mustang he ordered for himself. So he would have been my personal sales guy. He did on multiple occasions get me numbers for cars on here. When I took Rick up there Josh handled the whole deal but Skip was zipping around and visiting with us several times.

You do realize that Stone has Josh's old job or similar right? Josh/Purdy had the ability and power to handle the whole deal. I was passed on to a guy that couldn't make the decision and then beat to death with multiple offers. Skip was the GM not the internet sales manager. Apples to Oranges.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    He did try to lure me into a Green Mustang he ordered for himself. So he would have been my personal sales guy. He did on multiple occasions get me numbers for cars on here. When I took Rick up there Josh handled the whole deal but Skip was zipping around and visiting with us several times.

You do realize that Stone has Josh's old job or similar right? Josh/Purdy had the ability and power to handle the whole deal. I was passed on to a guy that couldn't make the decision and then beat to death with multiple offers. Skip was the GM not the internet sales manager. Apples to Oranges.
                    No I didn't , just kinda read through some of the complaints , I thought he haf skips job, like I said , I coulda been wrong. If he's purdys replacement then yes I see the reason for the gripping. I never talked with anyone else except finance , that's why I drove from glen Rose to buy, called and said what I wanted , couple of back and forths to do the deal, drive up late at night and within an hour or two I was out, josh already had told the finance guy what I wanted and didn't want, I only had to sign and go .

Comment

Skip sold me a car in 2002... the other two I bought from his dad.

Comment

I went in looking for Skip. He was working with someone and handed me off to Purdy. No complaints there because he did a DAMN GOOD job. I'm still quite enjoying my 2012 F150.

Not only was the sale process good, but the finance process was fantastic. The lady I worked with (forgot her name) dealt me straight and offered suggestions that made the transaction work the best for me. For instance, I wanted a Ford factory extended warranty, but I just didn't want to pay for it right there. She got me on Ford financing for an extra $1000 off, then advised me to keep my down payment and instead use it to make a payment after the contract was on the books. Then I would meet the obligations for the $1000 cash back and could go an refinance at my CU for a much lower rate (1.9% at the time)... They got a little extra cash in selling an extended warranty that I actually wanted and I basically got that warranty for free. Win win win win.. Did I say I still love my F150?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

Just to clarify, Skip was our General Sales Manager(Never a salesmen), which is Tony's position currently. I used to be an Internet Manager(Purdy's old job) here, but was promoted earlier this year to New Car Manager. I run a team here, not the whole store. That's Tony's job, and he's great at it. I apologize for not being more involved in your deal Jason. I'm still new to this position, and am trying the best I can to take care of the members here and still run my team as effectively and efficiently as possible. When I was Internet Manager, I could deal with every one of you individually as you came in, and now that I'm running a team, I was stretched thin while you were here. That's my fault, and I apologize. Going forward, I'll do my best to be more involved in the actual process, other than just giving pricing up front remotely.
                          Jeff Stone
                          New Car Sales Manager
                          Grapevine Ford Lincoln
                          Office: 817-481-3531 ext 48102
                          Cell: 972-345-9498
                          jstone02@vtaig.com

sigpic
                          2014 Tremor

Comment

Working...
                          X