experience at GVF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experience at GVF

Ive been looking for a 2016 gt for about a month and been getting the usual (we dont honor internet prices,what kinda payment you looking at) talk.

Spoke to josh and told him straight up I needed a base gt out the door at 31k and im bringing in my own financing&deposit. He said sure come down no promises and was upfront about everything. He couldn't come down to the internet price on their website or match town east ford's internet price and the finance mngr didnt want to use my financing(they didnt even want to call to verify the approval and mentioned the bank charges the dealer a fee to us them). I was out of there in 30 mins all in all, josh was very cool about it all though and I wished we could agree on a price. Still it was a decent experience considering and even though I didn't buy he was nice and honest.
    Last edited by FordMustangLove; 01-09-2016, 11:55 PM.

They wouldn't sell you the car for what they have it advertised for on the Internet? That doesn't sound right.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      They wouldn't sell you the car for what they have it advertised for on the Internet? That doesn't sound right.
      yeah, the gt was at 33, the internet was at 29,9xx. He mentioned it was cause i used my own financing that charges them $2400 and they cant discount the car cause of it. oddly enough town east ford said the same thing but they at least brought the car down near their internet price + their stupid dealer add ons.
      Last edited by FordMustangLove; 01-10-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Could you not have bought through them and then turned around and refinanced? I know it's a pain in the ass but it might get you what you want.

Comment

You only have to make your 3 first payments to Ford credit then you can refi

Comment

I tried going through ford credit to play ball but my fico score is still too low(paid off student loan defaulted) the only financing i was able to obtain was santander at 18% for 26k.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
              Holy crap! That's like credit card interest. Maybe now isn't a good time to buy.
              word, whats crazy about my credit is that i cant "fix it" all debt has been paid , its the 7 years of it staying on my report. I guess ill stick with the car i got now

Comment

Ouch, the dealers hands are tied on the financing rebates so that makes sense
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by FordMustangLove View Post
                  I tried going through ford credit to play ball but my fico score is still too low(paid off student loan defaulted) the only financing i was able to obtain was santander at 18% for 26k.
                  Holy shit! They did you a favor, brother!

Comment

He was very honest with me and I was very honest with him. I'm not going to put any of my customers in a bad spot like that.

As far as the pricing on the car goes...we were on a higher MSRP unit than Town East and due to the financing situation we were unable to do any better on pricing. We can get you into another car but a 5.0 is probably out at this time.

Appreciate you coming in and I'm glad we were able to give it a shot. I'm sure we will do business in the future.

Comment

900ish but that usually involves some kind of roll over. Most 5.0s are going to be in the 31-38k range.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                        900ish but that usually involves some kind of roll over. Most 5.0s are going to be in the 31-38k range.
                        That's insane.

Comment

That's not typical by any means. With some cash down and good credit it can be much less.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                            Is that at least on a 36 month term?

Comment

Nope. It's pretty simple math though. $900 a month on a 36 is about right for a new 5.0. My personal advice is to take the longest term within warranty (factory or extended) that doesn't increase the rate significantly. That way you can you can either have extra cash in your pocket, pay down higher interest loans (home) and/or if you have a tough month you can still pay the minimum. You can always pay extra but you can't pay under minimum without it hurting you.

Again...900 a month isn't the typical. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X