Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a new HDTV for the bedroom and need help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I had dishnetwork out a few weeks ago, and they plugged up something to a power outlet and connected to my router. The tech said it will let me pay for pay per view when I want it. Is that the slingbox?
    No, that's probably their powerline ethernet adapter. Their slingbox looks like a red waffle (not as bad as a blue one) and plugs into the USB port on your receiver.

You can use it instead of having a phone line connected. Depending on what receiver you have there are probably some other options you can do with it.

Comment

HDMI has about a 15-20ft limit before attenuation sets in. You cannot run HDMI that far without something to boost the signal. Is noted by sparklies on the picture. As was mentioned earlier there are other solutions like running a pair of CAT5 cables and baluns at each end. Here's another version, looks something like this:

I bought a pair of the Monoprice 100ft cables with built in repeaters and I rarely have any issues. They were pretty cheap too. Occasionally, the Uverse DVR will flash a screen saying check HDMI cable or similar but it quickly disappears and displays video with no issues.
      Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X