Hone Media Centers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hone Media Centers thread

I couldn't find a media cabinet that I liked(for the price) so I decided to make one out of an IKEA cabinet. Can't remember where I got the idea, probably noticed a setup in a movie or something and somewhat copied it. I'm not complete in getting everything in yet. Sorry for the sub par pics...

Last edited by Crownline79; 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM.

that looks really cool I just had to buy a new TV and was wondering what to do. we just bought a POS of craiglist for now but I really like the way it suspends in the air.. great job man
    sigpic

Comment

Who installed your floor?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Who installed your floor?
          I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadforce View Post
            that looks really cool I just had to buy a new TV and was wondering what to do. we just bought a POS of craiglist for now but I really like the way it suspends in the air.. great job man
            Thx, I used 4 cleats on the back to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
              I did.
              Thanks, just wondering.

Comment

do you have a link to the cabinet would like to get some measurments ??
                sigpic

Comment

Shop IKEA for modern, affordable furniture to make your house a home. We have furniture to fit every room and every budget. Visit us online or in store!

Comment

That looks pretty good. I had a similar idea.

60" plasma with 100" motorized projection screen

I'll get finished pics, just haven't taken any

the first time the screen was rolled out it was quite wavy, it's since flattened out.

Comment

Crownline, after looking again at your pictures, I would be concerned with heat from that amp coupled with the center channel on top of it and basically filling in that entire section of cabinet.

Comment

Creative and nice setup.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                          Crownline, after looking again at your pictures, I would be concerned with heat from that amp coupled with the center channel on top of it and basically filling in that entire section of cabinet.
                          I do have that concern as well, but the center channel Dosnt look right on top of the cabinet. I hoping for the best. To add even further into your concerns I removed the feet from the receiver so both the speaker & rcvr fit, I may really need to reconsider an alternate location for the receiver.

Comment

The laminate on the IKEA stuff will start to come unglued with heat pretty easily so I would watch that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              The laminate on the IKEA stuff will start to come unglued with heat pretty easily so I would watch that as well.
                              If that happens I'll will look into higher quality alternatives. But I'm hoping it Dosnt get that hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X