Shallow Mount sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shallow Mount sub

I'm helping a buddy put together a system for his FJ and he is DEAD SET on a 10" shallow mount sub. The only one I know that's any good is the Type R shallow but he kinda chocked at the $300 price tag. Need something to run good in a <1qft sealed box and about 300wrms at a reasonable price.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

I had a single 10 Pioneer Premier shallow mount in my f150. Hit pretty hard for being just one sub. Cost me less than $60.

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
      I'm helping a buddy put together a system for his FJ and he is DEAD SET on a 10" shallow mount sub. The only one I know that's any good is the Type R shallow but he kinda chocked at the $300 price tag. Need something to run good in a <1qft sealed box and about 300wrms at a reasonable price.
      The best sounding small box sub I've ever heard is this:

Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices for car audio, car stereo, car speakers, sub woofer, subwoofer, woofer, sub, subs, amp, amps, amplifiers, tweeter, component

The 12 will work in half a cubic foot, so if there is room, go for that. I have one in the closet going in a .6 foot box in my Vette eventually. It will work with 50-500 watts rms.

Comment

Mmmm, ID's. I have 2 8's in my truck, not the SQ variety though. I had 2 IDQ-10's in my car before not bad, I prefer the non-Q's though for a bit more bass. Far from a shallow mount though and out of his price range which I just found out he is looking at $60 RF's!! *sigh*

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Why isn't he using an enclosure mounted to the rear side panel? Then he would not have to use a shallow mount sub. Woofer would be less expensive and better performance. Or...use a last year's Type S 10" (like SWS-1023D). It is plenty shallow.
          Or...http://www.jlaudio.com/car-audio-ste...ota-fj-cruiser

Comment

I've been trying to talk him into a better sub and I'll be building/teaching him how to build a box like that. I do like that set up though.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

ID or low series JL would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                Mmmm, ID's. I have 2 8's in my truck, not the SQ variety though. I had 2 IDQ-10's in my car before not bad, I prefer the non-Q's though for a bit more bass. Far from a shallow mount though and out of his price range which I just found out he is looking at $60 RF's!! *sigh*
                Lol I can't stand ghetto farting un controlled bass. I'd stay stock if all I could afford was a 60 dollar rockford. Oh well, sorry for your loss. Lmao

Maybe he can find an older version jl W1 or so for under 100... Those at least sound ok.

Comment

I really liked the MTX i had in my SVT Focus. It didn't hit near as hard as the pair of JL 10's I had in my 96 GT, but I wasn't looking for ear shattering bass. The MTX was clear and very low distortion for the price.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                  X