• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
    http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...C90LE745U.aspx

just hit the costco shelves 9999.99
    what a waste of money, and you only get 90"
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well it shows that prices are going down. I have been through 3 projectors so at some point I see large LCD prices being cheap enough to justify replacing projectors.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Well it shows that prices are going down. I have been through 3 projectors so at some point I see large LCD prices being cheap enough to justify replacing projectors.
        If it's 10 grand it's still far from replacing projectors.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          If it's 10 grand it's still far from replacing projectors.
          Ok, sure. Obviously you don't understand the point I was trying to make.
          2006 Civic SI
          2009 Pilot
          1988 GT
          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

What is the point you're trying to make?

Comment

I think that's obvious.

Comment

I have the 8350. I like it a lot and it was a really good price. The only thing I don't like about it is the refresh rate. When you watch sports on it you see gaps in the motion. I would maybe look for a higher refresh rate if it's in your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaredther6er View Post
                  I have the 8350. I like it a lot and it was a really good price. The only thing I don't like about it is the refresh rate. When you watch sports on it you see gaps in the motion. I would maybe look for a higher refresh rate if it's in your budget.
                  That is one of my concerns, but it seems the 120hz projectors are almost 3x the price, unless someone has a recommendation.

Comment

Well, After a lot of research I've settled on 3 projectors

1. Mitsubishi HC4000
                    2. Epson 8350
                    3. Optoma HD33

I decided to throw back in the two DLP competitors, they are sharper but color wheels just bother with ceiling mount projectors. Right now I think the Mitsu is in the lead. The disappointing part is new models really only come out every 3-4 years, and we're in the middle of one of the lulls.

I would really like to see some of these projectors in action, but I don't know anywhere that has a large selection on display.

Comment

I have the Mitsu-very happy although i am not to picky when it comes to detail/quality.
                      I would go to Home Theater Technologies now in Colleyville and ask to speak with Anthony Adame sale rep there,
                      very knowlegable and not pushy. 6100 Colleyville Blvd, Colleyville, TX 76034 817-379-9901

Comment

Working...
                      X