Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk projectors

Mine is taking a dump.

the one I have is several years old and didnt have HDMI inputs. Mostly used to play xbox or wii. Any suggestions? I know so little about them its hard to tell what a $1500+ does that a $300 doesnt.

thanks
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I have 600 hours on my Epson 8350 since August and its working fine for $899. I dont play games so cant help you there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Epson!

4000 hour bulb life. I have around 25000 hours on my Epson 6500ub and it still works great. Only other advice I can offer is don't try to shop around for bulbs. Everyone I tried shopping around I got screwed. One from Amazon supposedly was a authentic Epson bulb and was dimmer than my old bulb with 4200 hours. The other time the bulb was bright but only lasted 1000 hours.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Mine still has a good bulb, but the DLP engine is going south, and im getting "twinkling stars" and its getting worse. Plus the fine detail is getting fuzzy.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That looks like it does about everything I would want it to. Thanks for the link

Comment

np

only thing it doesn't have that would be nice is a network port

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Although I prefer LCD, here is a good deal on an Optoma HD20

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Q0_ugbV3_0_0_0
              That's a great deal. I have one and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                That's a great deal. I have one and I love it.
                Think I could come check out your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  Think I could come check out your setup?
                  Sure. No problem.

Comment

+1 for Epson, I've had mine for a couple years with no issues. It will easily heat up a room though, not sure if others run this hot.

Comment

another decent deal for a starter projector
                      [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD66-Lumens-Theater-Projector/dp/B002ZWU33U/ref=sr_1_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=7 _uSILJ6EeKoox5kXHyt6Q0_49oX3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&qid=136 7417906&sr=8-1&keywords=optoma+hd66[/ame]

Comment

Did you end up picking one up?

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          Did you end up picking one up?
                          not yet. After the race this weekend ill start looking into it a bit harder. I havent turned mine on in a few weeks, just been busy.

Comment

I've had projectors for quite a while, I'm on my third one now. My most recent one was the Epson 8350, and it has been excellent. Highly recommend it. It's reasonable on price, 1080p, really long bulb life, really cheap bulbs, and it's very bright and clear. I called it quits on DLP projectors, the color wheel continuously went out, the 8350 is LCD and much more reliable for long term. Downside is no keystone adjustment, so make sure you don't mount it too far off center.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                            X