Home theater installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home theater installation?

Anyone here have a hookup on installing home theaters? Not looking for a weekend warrior, need someone that does this as a full time gig. I'm not opposed to paying someone for their skills and time, but after shopping around, the retail price of install is stupid expensive.

I currently have screen, projector, and full surround setup in my media room. I'm leaving the 6 in wall surround speakers here (would cost me more to fix the holes), but I am taking the center and sub with me.

I will buy all new 7.1 surround (upgrading all speakers), but I need someone that can install the other 6 in wall surround, screen, projector, receiver, and get everything calibrated appropriately.

I'll also need more speakers installed throughout the house as well, but need to get a good hookup on a price... If anyone knows a reputable person to refer, please let me know.

PM coming

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      PM coming
      Mighty 'bliged, thanks.

Comment

Long time friend of the family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Long time friend of the family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
          I'll let you know after I talk with CWO's guy... Thanks for posting that up. Hopefully he's feeling charitable....

Comment

Pat is a good guy. I worked for him as a contractor for a very short time through Luke, the guy I recommended to Roscoe. I still have a few Ultramedia t-shirts I wear around the house LOL

Comment

Im also looking for someone to redo the installation for my parents house.

They have 5.1 speaker set up with a wall mounted TV. They are wanting to get the TV moved to the other side of the room and mounted above the fireplace.

The Guys listed above Im sure can do this but just curious if this is the route Roscoe took and if you had good luck with them and the pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                Im also looking for someone to redo the installation for my parents house.

They have 5.1 speaker set up with a wall mounted TV. They are wanting to get the TV moved to the other side of the room and mounted above the fireplace.

The Guys listed above Im sure can do this but just curious if this is the route Roscoe took and if you had good luck with them and the pricing.
                They guy posted above is very proud of his work.... I wound up using CWO's connection (Luke) and am very happy with what turned out of it.

We did some pretty big upgrades over what I wanted and couldn't be too much happier.

Comment

1. pics

2. is it ok to mount the tv above the fireplace? is that not too much heat?>

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I do not have any pictures at the moment but I can next time Im over there. As far as heat they never have a fire so I dont think it will be an issue but my mom is dead set on not having two focal points in the same room (She watches a bunch of home improvement shows). I think the big issue is that the fireplace (actually the entire wall) is brick so running cables and wires is probably going to be a pain. The room they have is probably the worse room ever designed to have a TV in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                      I do not have any pictures at the moment but I can next time Im over there. As far as heat they never have a fire so I dont think it will be an issue but my mom is dead set on not having two focal points in the same room (She watches a bunch of home improvement shows). I think the big issue is that the fireplace (actually the entire wall) is brick so running cables and wires is probably going to be a pain. The room they have is probably the worse room ever designed to have a TV in.
                      Keep in mind you'll also need an electrician if there is no power above said fireplace.

Comment

what would a basic set up for 7.1 or 5.1 run for a media room?
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          what would a basic set up for 7.1 or 5.1 run for a media room?
                          curious as well. I want someone to come move my cable jack, and wire for surround. I have all materials, but don't have the time.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'll do it for $500. I'll drink all your beer and rummage through your wife's panty drawer though. LMK

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                              Keep in mind you'll also need an electrician if there is no power above said fireplace.
                              If anyone can work on cars you can run the power. In these easy steps:

1. locate power outlet you intent to piggy back off of
                              2. kill breaker to said outlet
                              3. install back box wiring outlet that allows 1 in and 1 out. most do
                              4. run romex wire from existing outlet location to the fireplace box
                              5. install outlet in a safe and secure place near where you're hanging the tv
                              6. turn outlet breaker back on and voila

Ton's of google links with how to's on all of this. Another simple fix is a power bridge.

Here's the easiest fix if you don't mind running a power cord in a wall and don't have a tough electrical inspection when selling your house. basically an extension cord in the wall:

Comment

Working...
                              X