TV repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV repair?

I was given a sony TV KDS60-A2000 That isnt showing very well. Not sure what the problem is. Any TV repair men out there or know of a good place to go? Would like it done soon to have 2 large TVs at my super bowl party.
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Define a little more clearly what you mean by "not showing well". Its an LCD rear projection TV so it could be a dying bulb, or possibly dust has gotten into it to make it cloudy (its a 10 year old TV...probably wouldn't hurt to clean it up anyway). Circuitry wise LCD projection TV's are pretty reliable.

Comment

Well, I just hooked it up to see and everything looks green. Has a grenn tint. Only about 2 inches on each side look good, the rest looks greenish. Is that a sign of a bad bulb?
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Just found it, looks to be a common problem with the optical block. Extended warranty expired last summer and shows cost to be about $900.00 Not worth it.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
          Just found it, looks to be a common problem with the optical block. Extended warranty expired last summer and shows cost to be about $900.00 Not worth it.
          Bulbs will only make the picture dim, not change color. Green picture is definitely an Optical block.

You may still give Sony a call to see if they will give you a concession. stranger things have happened and the worst thing they can say is no. It is a very common problem with their LCD projection units.

Even if they don't fix it, they may offer you a new unit at a discounted price - assuming the original owner didn't already take the discount from Sony.

Oh, and ram57ta - the TV is only ~5 yrs old.

Comment

Working...
          X