Truck system design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck system design

So I've finally gotten around to the putting the finishing touches on my folks excursion and I'm to the point where I need to decide what speakers and head unit to buy. I want A fully equipped double din (nav,hd rAdio, camera inputs, iPod/Bluetooth) in a clean package and would like to retain rear passenger controls.
    as far as the speakers some good mids or over all sound better than the paper stockers. I doubt ill put in a sub I don't really like boxes or the idea of hacking the truck up.

TIA

Let us know what you drive, and we'll show you exactly what works in your ride. Get FREE 2-day shipping, discounted installation gear, and free custom instructions.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Lol I guess I'm looking for first hand experience there's a ton to choose from and I've been out of the car audio game for a while. Also I know there are a few board members with excursions.

Comment

Budget? Whats your intended use? Music preference?
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

MB Quart!!!!

Seriously, I would look at some Infiniti or JL component speakers.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I know very little about car audio these days, but I would like to suggest NAV being a requirement for the head unit. In my experience, they often are way out of date (aftermarket and factory), do a fairly poor job of navigating and are fairly expensive to update without going to torrents.

Also, doing nav changes can be a bitch if they have all those safety features on them.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Budget? Whats your intended use? Music preference?
              looking to spend around $600 for the head unit and on the component or speaker sets not too sure.

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
              MB Quart!!!!

Seriously, I would look at some Infiniti or JL component speakers.
              haha whats wrong with mb quart? junk? ive always been a big fan of the infinity ref speakers

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              I know very little about car audio these days, but I would like to suggest NAV being a requirement for the head unit. In my experience, they often are way out of date (aftermarket and factory), do a fairly poor job of navigating and are fairly expensive to update without going to torrents.

Also, doing nav changes can be a bitch if they have all those safety features on them.
              Noted
              Thanks man

Comment

MB Quart speakers are awesome, at least their top tier speakers are. They are pricey though... $240/pair
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

The excursion has 3 pair of 5x7's. No radio will like running that. You need to run an amp even if it is one of the smaller plug in style amps like the KTP-445A. Rear controls will no longer work.
                  When MB Quart was bought out, we quit selling them. Their Chinese stuff is weak. For a good basic 5x7, the JL Audio C2-570x are great at around $179pr. No need for components. There are cheaper and more expensive options.
                  The Alpine INE-S920HD at $799 is a great, complete deck but will need an iPod cord for $30. Alpine cameras start at $99. 2 year warranty on all Alpine product if purchased and installed by an Alpine Flagship retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                    The excursion has 3 pair of 5x7's. No radio will like running that. You need to run an amp even if it is one of the smaller plug in style amps like the KTP-445A. Rear controls will no longer work.
                    When MB Quart was bought out, we quit selling them. Their Chinese stuff is weak. For a good basic 5x7, the JL Audio C2-570x are great at around $179pr. No need for components. There are cheaper and more expensive options.
                    The Alpine INE-S920HD at $799 is a great, complete deck but will need an iPod cord for $30. Alpine cameras start at $99. 2 year warranty on all Alpine product if purchased and installed by an Alpine Flagship retailer.
                    Well I got around to best buy n played with that 920 and i left disappointed. The thing had horrible lag in entering addresses in the navigation and over all just slow. Buttons feel like there in the way especially if your wanting a full touch screen maybe a 7.1in.
                    I was told to look into the pioneers any recommendation on which model you've worked with.

As far as the speakers go I found the for $79 on amazon and ordered the three pairs. But haven't ordered an amp so does pioneer have one that will work?

Comment

Maybe their nav did not have the update. None are lightning fast. I don't sell pioneer so I don't know their gear.

Comment

Maybe their nav did not have the update. None are lightning fast. I don't sell pioneer so I don't know their gear.
                        Understood that was probably it. Do you sell kenwood? Any experience with the Ddn990hd? I was really impressed with it.

Comment

JL Audio C2-570x $79.94

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-C2-570x-2-way-Speakers/dp/B002HZ3HCE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                            Yep picked up three pairs of those per his recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                              Yep picked up three pairs of those per his recommendation.
                              yea thats pretty cheap for JL's

Comment

Working...
                              X