Bassshakers/buttkickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassshakers/buttkickers

Has anyone messed with these? I'm looking to add some to mine and the wife's recliners(screw guest).

2x Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass
    1x Pyle PTA2 Mini 2x40W Stereo Power Amplifier
    1x Rocketfish™ - Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter/Receiver Kit
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

i got a buttkicker for playing drums, it's pretty neat, it's not big enough tho, I'd like to experience one with movies.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Well I bit the bullet bought some after reading AVS forums all day(slow at work).

1x RCA Y Adapter 2 Male To 1 Male
      1x FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz Low Pass
      2x Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker
      1x Dayton Audio DTA-100a Class-T Digital Amplifier 50x2
      1x Dayton Audio Sub-Link XR 2.4 GHz Wireless Audio Transmitter

I already have the spare cables laying around etc.

Also bought two more TSi200's and mounts this morning to finish my 7.1 surround. This all should be a nice little upgrade.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

The first time i experiences buttkickers, i thought the house was falling apart.. lol

Comment

is there a good place to demo a buttkicker home theater setup?
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            is there a good place to demo a buttkicker home theater setup?
            No idea, I haven't even heard of these things until yesterday morning. Every review of these things that I have read everyone LOVED them and wish they knew about it years ago.

Grand total on that setup I listed was just over $250 bucks. For another $100 I can do two more chairs.

I figured if it isn't worth a crap I only lost $250, and maybe I can resell it to get most of my money back.

Comment

Pretty sure Starpower has them set-up, at least they did.

Comment

Nissan was putting these in 300zx's back in 1983/1984 and home theater is just now getting around?

I remember buying one about 10 years ago that you were supposed to put into the couch cushion.

Comment

Well they have been around, I guess they just never got into main stream. I consider myself more on the advanced knowledge side(compared to 90% of the public) and I never heard of these until yesterday.

here are some pictures of some setups people are using. The recomendation is to mount it to a solid surface of the frame of the chair, while using isolators to keep the movement from transferring to the floor of the house.

This guy set it up on an entire platform shakes..

while other guys mount directly to the chair..

or buttkicker has one for people who have no talent on doing anything handy...

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                    Well they have been around, I guess they just never got into main stream. I consider myself more on the advanced knowledge side(compared to 90% of the public) and I never heard of these until yesterday.
                    Alpine sold the Aura Bass shakers in '92 or so.

Comment

Lol I dont understand. So no actual sound comes out of these things, just vibration?
                      http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                        Lol I dont understand. So no actual sound comes out of these things, just vibration?
                        right

Comment

Working...
                        X