Upgraded alternators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded alternators

EW had told me of a good vendor or two for upgraded alternators. I plan on running a dual battery setup and I need more juice for all the high draw accessories that I have and plan on having. What are some good options for alternators and also batteries besides just going down to vato zone and picking up a couple. I would like to look into AGM batteries as well.

stinger http://stingerelectronics.com/produc...edcategoryid=4
    XSpower
    ohio generator http://www.ohiogen.com/html/catalog.html
    DCpowerinc.com
    Interstate batteries MT7 AGM
    amp tech http://www.mpowermfg.com/alternator.html

Comment

Those alternators from dcpowerinc are tits. I think I will be throwing down on one of those and a dual battery setup.

Comment

Their website sucks but their alternators are good and they are local.

Comment

Mechman alternators are the best made

Comment

As for batteries run die hard platinum. 4 year warranty and made by odyssey

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              Mechman alternators are the best made
              That does look like some nice stuff. Apparently I have a bit of shopping to do on these. I have to head over to our engineering department when I get back from this road trip that I am on and have one of the electrical genius that owes me a favor over there line me out a plan for what I want to do with my dual battery setup.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                Their website sucks but their alternators are good and they are local.

https://secure.mysuperpageshosting.c....biz/newstore/
                I run one of theirs in my Explorer. It sucked at first but they did take care of it under warranty. They were rude about the whole thing. Works fine now, though.

Comment

I went with one of the mechman 240a alternators. Great product review and specs and the customer service so far has been very good. They answered a lot of my "newbie" questions without hesitation and didn't seem to mind. Warranty is good as well. Now it is time to order a dual battery tray, a pair of those die hard platinum batteries, and getting creative with the wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I run one of theirs in my Explorer. It sucked at first but they did take care of it under warranty. They were rude about the whole thing. Works fine now, though.
                    Yeah their customer service leaves something to be desired but they are on Jefferson in Grand Prairie. They probably either just got robbed or raped, maybe even both.

Local business though and they've been there for years. High output alternators aren't exactly rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      I went with one of the mechman 240a alternators. Great product review and specs and the customer service so far has been very good. They answered a lot of my "newbie" questions without hesitation and didn't seem to mind. Warranty is good as well. Now it is time to order a dual battery tray, a pair of those die hard platinum batteries, and getting creative with the wiring.
                      If you have any questions about anything feel free to pm me. I've installed over 10 of those mechman units, and never had one come back. They get down too. As for the die hards, you cant kill them. We sell stinger, the interstate gell batteries, and optima and I still send people to get the die hard platinums

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        If you have any questions about anything feel free to pm me. I've installed over 10 of those mechman units, and never had one come back. They get down too. As for the die hards, you cant kill them. We sell stinger, the interstate gell batteries, and optima and I still send people to get the die hard platinums
                        Will do, I am pretty stoked about getting all of this together. I dont even want to think about what I have spent in the last few months. At least I didn't charge any of this shit!

Comment

I finally decided to open the box last night and it is a nice piece. Has a bunch of rotating resistance. I hope that loosens up a lil over time. Talk about a power robber and the jeep does not have much to begin with. I picked up 6' each of red and black 0 gauge wire for the power and a handful of terminals as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X