Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What reciever?

Received a free home audio setup

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Sub is a Harman/Kardon TS2

Just found this pic online.

Never done home audio before so not sure what receivers are good and would work well with this setup. Looking to spend around 500 or so. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Depends how big room is, here's a starter

Comment

I'd stay away from Onkyo if I were you.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's why not onk? and the room is very open about 30' x 20'

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
          Thanks for the reply's why not onk? and the room is very open about 30' x 20'
          Some "Hand Shake" HDMI contact history with older Onkyo models
          Had one in house that we sold no issues, With that size room the one above will work but I would step to next one. G/L
          I had these folks set up my media Room. http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16652

Home Theather Technolgies
          Anthony Adame
          Lead Sales Consultant
          Anthony@homewiresolutions.com
          Office: 817-379-9901
          6100 Colleyville Blvd Ste 140
          Colleyville TX 76034
          Last edited by robert; 03-01-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I use Onkyo/Integra gear. No problems. The HDMI issues that some people had with the X0X and X1X series have been rectified in subsequent X2X series models. Onkyo also offered a one time warranty service agreement for HDMI board upgrade for those out of warranty. It was due to some capacitors having an inadequate temperate rating.

At a $500 price point, I would take a listen to the Pioneer Elite VSX-43 and the comparable Denon In-Command at Best Buy Magnolia. Fairly feature rich for the price and a good amp set. If you're looking for really capable network receiver that has built in wi-fi, then check any of the new models from Onkyo.

Best bet would be to check out the demo room. They all don't sound the same. Some brands sound warmer, flatter, or brighter.

Comment

Cool will check out a sound room thanks fellas.

Comment

I like Yamaha. Had lots of Onkyo receivers and they all had issues.

Comment

Denon or Marantz or Pioneer Elite

Comment

I've had Onkyo for years. In two weeks, I move into our new house and I'll hook up my new Denon AVR-E400 to my 7 monoprice in-wall speakers. All new videocard and Blu-ray for the media pc, and new projector aimed at a 120" screen.

Can't wait to tear into it.

Comment

I have a Denon avr-3803 in the living room and a Denon avr-3312 in my theatre room. Sounds real nice with reference series Klipsch speakers and a svs pb2+ sub.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                        Onkyo also offered a one time warranty service agreement for HDMI board upgrade for those out of warranty.
                        I've googled, and can't find anything about this. More info?

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          I've googled, and can't find anything about this. More info?
                          A lot of the chatter about it came from various Onkyo HDMI related threads on avsforum and hometheatershack.

The gist of it is to either open a topic on Onkyo support forum or email Onkyo Parts & Replacement. You'll need your receipt.

Here's an example of someone contacting Onkyo support forum and getting a free out of warranty HDMI replacement board.

I have an out of warranty PR-SC5507P that will require an HDMI board replacement, total cost about $400. It is at United Radio (Onkyo recommended repair site)

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            A lot of the chatter about it came from various Onkyo HDMI related threads on avsforum and hometheatershack.

The gist of it is to either open a topic on Onkyo support forum or email Onkyo Parts & Replacement. You'll need your receipt.

Here's an example of someone contacting Onkyo support forum and getting a free out of warranty HDMI replacement board.

http://onkyoproductsupport.forumotio...rd-replacement
                            Thanks. Glad to hear they finally decided to stand behind their products. I tried to get it replaced under warranty multiple times, and they more or less said there was no issue, regardless of the plethora of documentation all over the internet.

I'll give it a shot again. I don't know if I still have the receipt, however.

Comment

Harmon/Kardon here, currently I have the AVR 320, but I'm about to upgrade to the AVR 1610 at some point, my older unti still works fine...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X