Opinions on adding Navigation to Saab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on adding Navigation to Saab

I'm about to add an in dash Navigation unit to my 09 Saab 9-7X. I have a few part numbers gathered but I'm still not 100% sure I have all I need or if what I have chosen will work. Looking for a little helpful inpt.

Navigation Unit--------------Kenwood DNX-690HD(Affordable on Ebay)
    INstall Kit-------------------Metra VT-GMOS-04
    Steering Wheel Controls-----Axxess ASWC-1

Double Din Install bracket---?????
    GPS Antenna---------------?????

Will I even need another GPS Antenna. I have factory Bose 6 dsk in dash, On-Star, XM Radio, Steering wheel controls.

Does it work with GM factory unit? If so and you are interested I may have a factory touch screen NAV unit that will work
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

For some reason I always thought the GM Nav unit was vin locked. I'm also interested in the hands free calling that the factory untit will not do without the operation of the On-Star system. What yr, make, and model is your unit out of?

Comment

I will have to check the part number. IIRC it is pre 08. I got it for my s-10 however, there isn't a local dealer that can follow my directions on how to unlock it.

They are vin locked. However, that isn't to say they can't be unlocked. It is ideal if they are VIN cleared before being pulled and sold. Unfortunately this one is not. If it had been, it would have been plug and play.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I would shoot EW a PM on this.

How are you liking it so far?

Comment

I don't know what the dash looks like. Most interface parts look like GM.
            Bestkits.com shows a BKGMK382 for 2005-2007 (nothing for 2008-2009).
            connects2.com shows CT23SA04 for 2006-2014
            Metra shows nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              I would shoot EW a PM on this.

How are you liking it so far?
              Love it so far! Was quoted $1400 for the Kenwood Nav unit installed with a Metra kit and PAC wiring.

Comment

Working...
              X