Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01-GATOR View Post
    Sebastian Loeb rally driver
    I somewhat agree. Loeb is a badass but there is nobody racing the wrc circuit these days (as far as manufacturers go). And there really hast't been for awhile.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Sebastian Loeb rally driver
      That's a tempting choice, but there isn't a single other big name competing against him. Ogier is the first driver in a few years to even make Loeb flinch, and I'm pretty sure Loeb bred Ogier himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
        WRC gets no love?! Tommi Makinen or Colin McRae should easily be contenders. Richard Burns (who would probably have broken all of the records before his untimely death) should also get a nod. Senna is and will always be no. 1. I appreciate nascar and all but it's not real racing until you actually make some turns. Just my opinion...
        well i dont really know ay WRC drivers on the top of my head
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Schumacher is obvious for F1? I smell meth in this thread.
          Please prove my ignorance. Obviously you think Senna is deserving of the title. Schumacher is the winningest driver by a large margin when comparing championships, most podium finishes, race wins, most pole positions, most wins in a season, etc...

You'd have to combine the efforts of every Brazilian driver that has ever driven an F-1 car to surpass what he's done. Nelson Piquet, Barrichello, Senna and Fittipaldi combined can beat most of his records. Sure Senna's life was cut short but he was 34, Schumacher already had 5 championships by that age.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Please prove my ignorance. Obviously you think Senna is deserving of the title. Schumacher is the winningest driver by a large margin when comparing championships, most podium finishes, race wins, most pole positions, most wins in a season, etc...

You'd have to combine the efforts of every Brazilian driver that has ever driven an F-1 car to surpass what he's done. Nelson Piquet, Barrichello, Senna and Fittipaldi combined can beat most of his records. Sure Senna's life was cut short but he was 34, Schumacher already had 5 championships by that age.
            tony kanaan as well. also Helio
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
              tony kanaan as well. also Helio
              Not too many F-1 victories for either of those two.

Comment

Not too many F-1 victories for either of those two.
                true
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Senna was only with a true title contender (mclaren) for 4-5 years iirc.
                  Schumacher was with Benneton while they were hot then Ferrari for over a decade (not all of those years were great but when they were good... they were great).

I'm not picking one or the other but it's like calling Phil Jackson the best head coach ever. He is but he's been blessed with the best rosters. He wouldn't have won 11 titles without them, but they probably wouldn't have won without him.
                  Last edited by momo; 05-09-2011, 08:17 PM.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Ivan Stewart
                    Sammy Swindell
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

my personal all time favorite of all time was Al Unser Sr.
                      95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

it's way too early to say this, but... if you want to see someone with the POTENTIAL to surpass Schumacher's record... watch Sebastian Vettel. I don't pull for the kid but from less than 1 year ago where he looked like a loose canon, he now appears to have become cool calm and dominant. unless his car has some malfunctions in upcoming races, i dont think he will have a problem with back to back titles.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

anyone that looks at Senna's stats and not the work of art and his skills are not seeing the whole picture. Senna raced in a time period of great racing in F1. Along with Senna you had Alain Prost, Neslon Piqet, Damon Hill, Micheal Schumacher, Nigel Mansell, etc. Just watch him drive a car, and you'll easily have more appreciation for what he could do.
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                            I somewhat agree. Loeb is a badass but there is nobody racing the wrc circuit these days (as far as manufacturers go). And there really hast't been for awhile.
                            That's true, I wonder why it has gone down hill manufacturer wise.

I also think that Alex Zenardi (sp) was really good until he had that bad accident where his legs got amputated.

Comment

That's true, I wonder why it has gone down hill manufacturer wise.

I also think that Alex Zenardi (sp) was really good until he had that bad accident where his legs got amputated.
                              Yea he dominated CART in the late 90's Ganassi Racing was unstoppable with Zanardi, Vasser, and Montoya after Zanardi left for Formula 1.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                              X