No announcement yet.

UFC 131 - Where to stream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carwin has nothing but a big right hand and wrestling. His footwork is horrible, even for a wrestler who can usually move his feet fast enough to shoot. His boxing is pathetic, offensively and defensively. Whoever is his boxing coach needs to be fired. Carwin didn't even have basic slip the jab/head movement skills going on. I expect him to get one more fight, then get cut from the UFC. My guess is that he will be matched up with Roy Nelson - loser gets fired.

Cain/JDS is an interesting match up. Both are are great strikers, good footwork and good speed. So I'm expecting this one to be a wrestling match. I think Cain will try to utilize his AZ wrestling background to try to control JDS.

Comment

I think Carwin can play gate keeper for another 2 years maybe. I could see them giving him Nelson to try and knock his fat ass into retirement, then a better prospect - maybe Schaub. I can't see him beating JDS, Cain or AO if/when he comes over - but he can beat everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I expect him to get one more fight, then get cut from the UFC. My guess is that he will be matched up with Roy Nelson - loser gets fired.
        Someone WILL be fired!

So I'm expecting this one to be a wrestling match. I think Cain will try to utilize his AZ wrestling background to try to control JDS.
        You do know that JDS is a BJJ brown belt, a real one not some Mcdojo brown belt either, right?!?
        Last edited by Rick Modena; 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You do know that JDS is a BJJ brown belt, a real one not some Mcdojo brown belt either, right?!?
          Have you been watching the UFC lately? Between the lamest judges ever and some of these ref's so quick to get in the way of the action, submissions are hard to achieve for alot of these guys in the brief time they are allowed ground action.

Alot of guys now part of their strategy is to use wrestling to score takedown points, stall, then get up to do it again. It's getting to the point of being ridiculous with asshole trainers like Greg Jackson letting the "master strategist" shit go to his head playing it safe, rather than letting the fighters actually fight.

And just because JDS is a brown belt, doesn't mean squat with the way the current rule set is in place. BJJ guys don't get points for submission attempts and being active. Wrestlers get points for the takedowns and these moron judges look at a wrestler being on top as "octagon control" rather than giving the BJJ guy credit for working off of his back. A wrestler will simply lay there with his his weight on the chest, hands at the hips to limit movement and wait on the ref while the BJJ guy is trying to get something going in the few seconds he has.

I know alot of people (myself included) hope these two guys will stand and bang, but I doubt very seriously that is going to happen. That's just my opinion.

Comment

Damn son, calm down. I was simply making a point that JDS' BJJ skills would help him against a world class wrestler. Though I agree, these two HWs are going to knock someone the fuck out!
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Damn son, calm down. I was simply making a point that JDS' BJJ skills would help him against a world class wrestler. Though I agree, these two HWs are going to knock someone the fuck out!
              I'm perfectly calm. I was just explaining my viewpoint why I disagree with your statement of JDS being a brown belt will help him.

Comment

I'm perfectly calm.
                "I'm calmer than you, Dude."

Comment

Working...
                X