NO Saints backfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO Saints backfield

I'm just looking for some sort of football talk to be honest.... So what do you guys think will happen with Reggie Bush? Do y'all see him going somewhere else or do you think he'll stick it out and restructure his contract?

Currently they have Pierre Thomas, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Julius Jones & Mark Ingram, Lynell Hamilton & Ladell Betts. Fucking STACKED.

Personally I know Reggie Bush hasn't contributed much to the stat sheet but when you really think about it Bush has done a LOT for that team including a big reason they won a Super Bowl. He doesn't even have to touch the ball to make an impact on the field and that's the type of players I'd want.

oh for fucks sakes, how many times do we have to talk about Reggie Bush?

He is an overpaid, second tier player.

Why don't we discuss more important things, like his ex. Now she has some nice mammaries

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
      Personally I know Reggie Bush hasn't contributed much to the stat sheet but when you really think about it Bush has done a LOT for that team including a big reason they won a Super Bowl. He doesn't even have to touch the ball to make an impact on the field and that's the type of players I'd want.
      No, that's just your way of trying to rationalize his importance to the team when tangible statistics won't.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I would've worried, since he did occasionally make clutch plays, but the addition of Mark Ingram makes him irrelevant. Let him go where he wants.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm not arguing that he is overpaid. I know he is overpaid. I'm talking about his overall value to the team. I know he fucks up and fumbles in crucial moments.

Honestly I was curious who y'all think should be cut and who should carry the load. Pierre Thomas hasn't been the same since he came back from his injury. Ingram is a rookie and Ivory is a 2nd year player I believe who I honestly don't think is ready to carry the load.

The Saints turned into a more elite team when Sean Peyton came to New Orleans and drafted Reggie Bush and acquired Drew Brees. He's made a handful of plays for the Saints you can't deny that much. I will say when Bush has the ball in space he is dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            I would've worried, since he did occasionally make clutch plays, but the addition of Mark Ingram makes him irrelevant. Let him go where he wants.
            Bush made himself irrelevant. Ingram had nothing to do with it.

And Jeff, you dumbass. NO will NOT carry 7 backs on their roster. They'd be the most retarded team in football if they did. Jones, Betts, Hamilton, and Ivory are worthless. One, but likely two will be there the next NFL season we have. Bush wants to be gone. He's not going to stick it out.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
              I'm not arguing that he is overpaid. I know he is overpaid. I'm talking about his overall value to the team. I know he fucks up and fumbles in crucial moments.

Honestly I was curious who y'all think should be cut and who should carry the load. Pierre Thomas hasn't been the same since he came back from his injury. Ingram is a rookie and Ivory is a 2nd year player I believe who I honestly don't think is ready to carry the load.

The Saints turned into a more elite team when Sean Peyton came to New Orleans and drafted Reggie Bush and acquired Drew Brees. He's made a handful of plays for the Saints you can't deny that much. I will say when Bush has the ball in space he is dangerous.
              No one is going to be the same directly after an injury. He should have had enough time to heal though, and be in good shape for this season.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Bush made himself irrelevant. Ingram had nothing to do with it.

And Jeff, you dumbass. NO will NOT carry 7 backs on their roster. They'd be the most retarded team in football if they did. Jones, Betts, Hamilton, and Ivory are worthless. One, but likely two will be there the next NFL season we have. Bush wants to be gone. He's not going to stick it out.
                I swear you look for the bad in every post I'm associated with, oh well. You can't please everybody!

I know Saints won't have 7 running backs which is why I wanted to get them narrowed down. Personally I think it'll be Pierre Thomas, Ingram & Bush.

If Bush does go elsewhere where do you think some possible locations might be?

Comment

I think Bush will stay, but thats only if he signs a new deal. Lets be fair, yea he has talent but he isnt the RB that everyone thought he was coming out of USC. People thought he would be the next Marshall Faulk, but he isnt a good RB. He is good on screens and catching the ball in space, I think he is better as a receiver than he is as a RB. I remember Bill Parcells saying on espn talking about Bush that in college you more open space to make plays and such, but in the NFL there arent open spaces.
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=bcoop;310853Jones, Betts, Hamilton, and Ivory are worthless. One, but likely two will be there the next NFL season we have.[/QUOTE]

Ivory will stick for sure. He averaged 5.2 yards a carry last year, got 5 tds, and had a couple of big games in the limited opportunity he was given. He only "started" 4 games, and NO subs out RBs constantly. If he could hold up to the abuse of 300 carries, his average would suggest he'd be a ~1500 yard back. That's far from worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
                      Ivory will stick for sure. He averaged 5.2 yards a carry last year, got 5 tds, and had a couple of big games in the limited opportunity he was given. He only "started" 4 games, and NO subs out RBs constantly. If he could hold up to the abuse of 300 carries, his average would suggest he'd be a ~1500 yard back. That's far from worthless.

He can't hold up to 300 carries, nor would Payton ever let him carry that much load. Making your argument as worthless as Ivory.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I think Bush will stay in NO if he restructures his contract. The reason he's a threat without the ball is that defenses have to put a DB in to guard him, taking a LB off of the field. So the Saints can put two HB's in, and hand off to Ingram/Thomas/Ivory against a nickel defense. When the defense catches on to what they are doing, and put seven back in the box, then they throw or screen to Bush with a slower LB on him. He pretty much gives your offense an extra package.

Honestly I would keep Ingram, Bush, and Ivory. And let the others go. Maybe keep Betts around for insurance after last year's HB injury problems.
                        .223 > 911

Comment

I think he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X