No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Vikings anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always wondered about Alabama. Everyone always talks about how people are so hardcore with their football and raising their kids up playing from peewee leaugue all the way through college, yet they have no professional team. Seems odd that a team in the almighty SEC conference doesn't even have a pro team in their state.

Comment

Humm...interesting!
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        I've always wondered about Alabama. Everyone always talks about how people are so hardcore with their football and raising their kids up playing from peewee leaugue all the way through college, yet they have no professional team. Seems odd that a team in the almighty SEC conference doesn't even have a pro team in their state.
        While football is big in Alabama getting a NFL franchise is all about money. What city in Alabama could support a NFL team? Birmingham is the largest and only has a population of about 250,000. Most people round rather follow Auburn and Alabama anyway.

Comment

HOow about porrtland?
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
            HOow about porrtland?
            Why?

Some of these ideas are hilarious. Portland, OKC, Ala-fucking-bama?

I don't think SA would go too well. Everyone around there is deep in to Cowboy football. They have the people, problem is the people's allegiance lies elsewhere.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Why?

I don't think SA would go too well. Everyone around there is deep in to Cowboy football. They have the people, problem is the people's allegiance lies elsewhere.
              im just thinking of cities that could use one. Im for Toronto getting one.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                im just thinking of cities that could use one. Im for Toronto getting one.
                Are you fucking Canadian? Why in the hell do you want to promote a Canadian football team? Let's go ahead and give Zimbabwe a team, or maybe a team in Saudi Arabia.

Canada has their own football league, full of America's rejects.

Comment

Why?

The Oklahoma statement was a joke, buddy!

San Antonio has a bunch of Cowboy followers because Houston sucks and will probably continue to suck for a while and not really amount to a whole lot, at least with the Cowboys they have some moments.

I'm willing to bet if San Antonio created a NFL team plenty of people would jump on that band wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                    While football is big in Alabama getting a NFL franchise is all about money. What city in Alabama could support a NFL team? Birmingham is the largest and only has a population of about 250,000. Most people round rather follow Auburn and Alabama anyway.
                    I get that, but still, if they have such a hard-on for football then they shouldn't have any trouble bringing in money and selling out every single game as well as season tickets as soon as they are available. Just the mindset that they have seems they would be putting their names on a list in order to buy tickets and waiting in lines for days to be able to see their games in person. Maybe it's just all show and they really just try to live vicariously through their children.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                      The Oklahoma statement was a joke, buddy!

San Antonio has a bunch of Cowboy followers because Houston sucks and will probably continue to suck for a while and not really amount to a whole lot, at least with the Cowboys they have some moments.

I'm willing to bet if San Antonio created a NFL team plenty of people would jump on that band wagon.
                      Wouldn't the people in San Antonio stay Cowboys fans because San Antonio would be another sorry expansion team like Houston (sorry Paul)?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Why?

Yes, let's put a team in SA so we can be like the CA and NY sports teams that have 3-4 teams and all but 1 suck hind tit. I don't get why people think SA is a great market for pro football. I mean I understand that they are a top 10 in population but that doesn't automatically equal dollar signs. Just because Houston has a team, AGAIN, also doesn't mean they are going to sell tickets just because there will now be a closer rivalry. If that were the case they should have lobbied Bud Adams and taken the Oilers in '96.

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                          Wouldn't the people in San Antonio stay Cowboys fans because San Antonio would be another sorry expansion team like Houston (sorry Paul)?
                          Not necessarily, How many championships do the Spurs have? How many Championships does the Dallas Cowboys have?

That would be one hell of a rival..... Houston has just always been sorry. Not every expansion team is though.

Comment

Yes, let's put a team in SA so we can be like the CA and NY sports teams that have 3-4 teams and all but 1 suck hind tit. I don't get why people think SA is a great market for pro football. I mean I understand that they are a top 10 in population but that doesn't automatically equal dollar signs. Just because Houston has a team, AGAIN, also doesn't mean they are going to sell tickets just because there will now be a closer rivalry. If that were the case they should have lobbied Bud Adams and taken the Oilers in '96.
                            Jets and Giants are pretty damn good last time I reviewed the stats.....

Can't say the same about Oakland and Chargers though.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                              Not necessarily, How many championships do the Spurs have? How many Championships does the Dallas Cowboys have?

That would be one hell of a rival..... Houston has just always been sorry. Not every expansion team is though.
                              Texans have two problems. Kubiak, and the weak secondary. When those two get fixed (I expect the coaching thing will be handled this season), watch the fuck out.

They have the leading rusher in the NFL, and who I consider to be head and shoulders above every other receiver in the NFL. They've got a stout defensive front as well, with DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing. Their soft spot is the secondary, and the coach. They lock those down, and Indy is in big trouble.

Comment

I get that, but still, if they have such a hard-on for football then they shouldn't have any trouble bringing in money and selling out every single game as well as season tickets as soon as they are available. Just the mindset that they have seems they would be putting their names on a list in order to buy tickets and waiting in lines for days to be able to see their games in person. Maybe it's just all show and they really just try to live vicariously through their children.

I don't think you are looking at the big picture. Money, is a big thing here. not enough revenue for someone to consider bringing a team in, and I'd say the large majority of Alabama can't afford to go to NFL games every other week. They just don't have the people they need to support a venture like that. As Vertnut said, Birmingham has what, 250k? Average NFL stadium seats what, 100k? Nagana, Nogono, Notgonnaworkhereanymore (sorry, had to use it).

It's not about football. If it was, every state and every city in the South would have an NFL team. The problem is, everything revolves around money.

Comment

Working...
                                X