Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People that know baseball better than I do....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People that know baseball better than I do....

Why did we put Napoli on 1st last night? The announcers kept saying something about the Rangers needed him as a hitter so they moved him to first.

That made no sense to me... especially since the replacement catcher was hitting and so was Young ( the normal 1st baseman).
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

napoli can play first just don't think it was a good night to try that!

Comment

i heard it was to give him a kinda rest from being the catcher, but idk if thats true or not
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

young should be at first and napoli should DH
        2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Napoli had 70 games last year and 35 games this year at first base. IMO he's a better first baseman than Young (and he has more experience). They played him at first to get his, Young, and Torrealba's bats in the lineup. The other option to keep those 3 in the game would be Napoli catching, Torrealba DHing, and Young playing first.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            Why did we put Napoli on 1st last night? The announcers kept saying something about the Rangers needed him as a hitter so they moved him to first.

That made no sense to me... especially since the replacement catcher was hitting and so was Young ( the normal 1st baseman).
            Basically it was to give his knees a break from catching. Young has started less games at first base than Napoli and he didnt play a terrible game, but his error was pretty bad. I think it is pretty much a toss-up between him and young defensively there.

Those announcers last night were idiots pretty much. Kept saying we should have started Moreland for his defense?? Really and lose Young or Napolis bat? 9/10 times Napoli makes that throw home

Comment

I think it was also in Wash's plan to get Torrealba some at-bats without disturbing the meat of the lineup. Nap can play 1st no problem, just a bad throw at the worst possible time.

Comment

Working...
              X