Viral rumor or some possibility.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viral rumor or some possibility.....

....of Nick Saban moving to Texas after the season? I keep hearing the sports radio jocks speculating on it but I have not looked into it much yet.

My thoughts on Saban himself...
    * hell of a coach, proven winner at Mich St., LSU, and Bama (Dolphin stint omitted on purpose)
    * hell of a recruiter, always good talent at schools mentioned above.

* would require a good monetary raise to get him...no sweat for Texas
    * Would Texas really want to hire a coach that would probably be gone within 5 yrs anyway, Saban does not have a track record of staying in one place too long.
    sigpic

Mack sounded pretty fired up following the season. I think the program is on the up-swing. Last year would have been the time to pull the trigger on that, but who knows? Nothing would shock me.

Comment

This makes no sense at all. Why would texas go after a guy so loathed as him and why would saben want to leave a program at the top

Correction: i said that and then realized we are talking about saben. Its all about money.

Comment

I think its a possibilty if Mack Brown wants to step down from Head Coach and be an AD of Texas. If I'm Saban though I wouldn't leave Alabama. You've got a hell of a program in place there.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

No chance.

Comment

Mack is not going anywhere, ask Dodds.
            sigpic
            "Thank you"
            Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
            SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
            Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
            Lucas Oil:
            Quick Fuel Technology:
            360 Wrap

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              This makes no sense at all. Why would texas go after a guy so loathed as him and why would saben want to leave a program at the top

Correction: i said that and then realized we are talking about saben. Its all about money.
              Last I checked Alabama was #2 and the Championship game hadn't been played yet.

Comment

Working...
              X