Baseball HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball HOF

looks like Barry Larkin is the only one going in.

That leaves Jeff Bagwell, Larry Walker, Tim Raines, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Edgar Martinez, Rafael Palmeiro, and Mark McGwire out in the cold.

I am surprised Trammell, Whitaker and Martinez aren't going in this time.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

That leaves Jeff Bagwell, Larry Walker, Tim Raines, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Edgar Martinez, Rafael Palmeiro, and Mark McGwire out in the cold.

what....no love for Rock Raines?

and everyone of those players belong in.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      what....no love for Rock Raines?

and everyone of those players belong in.

god bless.
      There is a case for all of them.

Interesting Bagwell is getting lumped in with the steroid guys, but there is no evidence of his use of steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post

While Edgar hit .300+, I think he's missing some key numbers. He doesn't have 2500 hits; he doesn't have 1500 RBI's, and he only has 300 HR's. Where does he fit? He's not a power guy. He's not a leadoff type guy. He doesn't have the production of top DH's, and he's not a prime defensive player. I think he represents the classic quality player that is just outside the cusp of what the HOF should be.

Trammell is even moreso to those numbers but at least he played D. He hit .285, 2300 hits, and 185 HR's. The nice thing about him those is remove his first season (19 games), and he only hit below .250 three times (.243, .248, and .233 in his last season). That's quality for your whole career. He should get a pass though as his career was during the non-live ball era. His stats are undervalued. I think another 15 HR's gets him in though (if he had them).

I think Bagwell should get in. He has the 1500 RBI's and 449 HR's with a career .297 average. I think he's being killed by guilt by association in a steroid era.

The real crime is how a guy like Dale Murphy still isn't in. The guy was an ambassador for the game, loved by everyone, put up quality numbers, and for a few years was without a doubt the top player in the league. He was a dominant guy for a good part of his career and was always a feared hitter. It was a different era then too.

Here's a cool link if anyone wants to compare annual ballots/players: http://www.baseball-reference.com/aw...-history.shtml

Comment

I hope Bagwell makes it in, go Killer Bees. lol
          04 GT
          91 LX

Comment

I still don't see how Jack Morris isn't in Cooperstown. The Hall of Fame voters are some strange folk. I'd still like to here the reasoning from the ONE voter that didn't vote Nolan Ryan in.

Comment

I really hope my parents didn't throw away from trunk of baseball cards.........I have a signed Barry Larkin in there!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                He should get a pass though as his career was during the non-live ball era.
                Say what?
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Say what?
                  Give or take half a century or so.

Comment

Maybe next year they get Bagwell and Biggio in the same class.

McGwire won't get in - because of the admission to steroid use(and I don't think he had a HOF career, just some nice highlights). Palmeiro probably doesn't get in because of his "tainted" B12 shot and the suspicion around it. The next few years start getting interesting due to more and more of the steroid suspects coming onto the ballot.

Comment

Working...
                    X