X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School National Signing Day

Not till Feb 1st but...

Top recruit Green-Beckham will choose Missouri

Football recruit Dorial Green-Beckham (left) smiles as the crowd chants "MIZ-DGB" as he arrives courtside just before the Missouri-Texas Tech on Saturday. L.G. PATTERSON/Associated Press

By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
    Published: 1/30/2012 11:20 AM
    Last Modified: 1/30/2012 11:54 AM

It may be two days until National Signing Day, but one of recruiting's biggest mysteries may have been solved Monday morning.

A source told the Tulsa World that Dorial Green-Beckham, the consensus top-rated high school football prospect in the nation, will announce on Wednesday that he’ll be attending Missouri.

Green-Beckham, a senior receiver at Hillcrest High School in Springfield, Mo., will announce live at 9 a.m. on ESPNU that he’s choosing the Tigers over offers from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas and Alabama.

The source said Green-Beckham’s choice came down to his visit to Missouri over the weekend.

At the Tigers’ basketball game Saturday night, fans changed their traditional cheer of “MIZ-ZOU” to “MIZ-DGB”. Also, fans hung huge signs around the athletic complex and several dozen surrounded him and chanted his name as he walked into the basketball arena. Inside, among other hand-made signs, several fans toted large cutouts of Green-Beckham’s face as he sat behind the team bench with two Missouri assistant coaches. He reportedly received standing ovations as he entered and exited Mizzou Arena.

Green-Beckham and his family arrived in Columbia on Friday. Soon after, fliers - purportedly arranged by MU students - had circulated around the community advertising Green-Beckham’s official campus visit.

The fliers read, “Mizzou has brought in the #1 ranked football player in the entire COUNTRY for today’s game. … We’re changing the MIZ…ZOU chant today to MIZ…DGB. Please led Dorial feel the love and welcome him home to MIZZOU!!”

Green-Beckham isn’t bound to any school, and won’t be until he signs a letter of intent. He could still change his mind. Before Missouri’s recent surge, he reportedly was leaning to Arkansas. A source familiar with Green-Beckham’s situation indicated that many of those closest to him believe his best career opportunity could be at Oklahoma, but that his heart was won over by his Missouri visit.

Green-Beckham has taken several unofficial visits to OU, but never took an official visit. He visited Arkansas last week, and in November he visited Texas.

Missouri currently has zero verbal commitments from any wide receiver prospects.

OU has verbals from four wideouts and could get more. Courtney Gardner, a top junior college prospect, was on an official visit to Norman over the weekend. Gardner is verbally committed to Arkansas.
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
    Your opinion is what sucks.
    You are too stupied and arrogant

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post

Nobody knows where he is going yet, but DGB himself. I've also heard reports that the OV didn't go well at mizzou and his family was underwelmed with the in home visit. Who knows?

Also heard that the Arkansas coaches have told another WR recruit to be prepared to get an offer wed morning

There is all kinds of bs rumors out there right now

Comment

I don't get caught up in recruiting because it's all a crap-shoot until they sign, but wasn't it being thrown around that he was going to end up at the same school as his girlfriend? There's no way I'm going to let an 18 year old chick have that much bearing on my future.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
        I don't get caught up in recruiting because it's all a crap-shoot until they sign, but wasn't it being thrown around that he was going to end up at the same school as his girlfriend? There's no way I'm going to let an 18 year old chick have that much bearing on my future.
        Yeah but you gotta remember, they are 17-18 year old kids who think they are in love, etc etc.

For OU fans, Free Live Web Cam of Signing Day:
        Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

Rumors are that Torshiro Davis will switch his commitment and pick Texas as of this morning. He has a press conference schedule for 10:30.

That would mean the last four commits for Texas all switched their verbals. Daje Johnson from TCU, Dalton Santos from Tennessee, Bryce Cottrel from Oregon and now Davis from LSU. Sweet

Comment

And then talk about the aggy, they've had as many de-commits as they've had commits this year. Which is just really weird

Comment

I like sports and all, but I've always thought it something strange about grown men following high school football.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I don't think it's "weird" per se, because most football fans follow college ball. It's not like these kids are any different from the day they graduate HS to the day they enroll in college. It isn't magically "less creepy" as soon as they enroll in college.

I just don't want to be one of those people that pull their hair out worrying about what some 17/18/19 year old kid is going to do. Whether he is going to commit, de-commit, let his gf influence his decision, have his dad shop him around, etc. Let them sign, and then I'll give a shit about them. Just my .02

Everybody post up what "your" team ranked by ESPN today. Let's see who all is in this forum.

Texas #2 recruiting class

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                  I like sports and all, but I've always thought it something strange about grown men following high school football.
                  Ehh, i just read what the forums are saying.

And on those forums are those hardcore freaks who will actually add a 17 year kid on facebook to keep up with his status, recruiting visits, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post

If you think about it, i think it's "strange" that we follow grown men that are playing a GAME at any level in any sport. We're all sick in the head!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                      Ehh, i just read what the forums are saying.

And on those forums are those hardcore freaks who will actually add a 17 year kid on facebook to keep up with his status, recruiting visits, etc.

now THAT is weird

What else is weird is that the number 1 QB, Jamies Winston?, told ESPNU that he's waiting until Friday to sign with Florida State. Wonder what's that all about

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                        now THAT is weird

What else is weird is that the number 1 QB, Jamies Winston?, told ESPNU that he's waiting until Friday to sign with Florida State. Wonder what's that all about
                        Waiting on the check to clear.

Comment

Working...
                        X