No announcement yet.

Is Favre finished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah hes too old and too fucked up to help anyone, they need to groom TJ or get someone else in their, hey maybe they can have Kitna...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

You know, i just thought about something. Favre can come to dallas and backup Romo.

Comment

Favre I believed already said that he was done and I think he isnt going to switch and make a comeback. He has a banged up shoulder and an ankle.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

There is only one reason I can think of that they would have him play next week.

Tavaris Jackson.

That kid really sucks ass. It is just one more thing that shows that Chilly can't evaluate talent. He should have realized that Farve was done after last season and not asked him to return. He shouldn't have picked up Jackson either.

The Vikes have one more home game that they hope to play at the University of Minnesota. If they play it there, Farve will help sell tickets and increase the attendence since it will be the last time to see him play. The games after that are on the road, might as well bench him after that..

All that said, I don't think he'll be able to play next week. He really looks like shit. I think he would love to play another game but he seems to have awaken to the fact that he's really screwing his health up in the long term.

As for his future, I wouldn't discount him going into the booth. When Aikman retired, a lot of people thought he would suck in the booth (me included). Folks never gave him credit for being as smart as he is. Fox was so worried that they pool Collinsworth in the booth with him and Joe Buck. The end result was that Aikman ended up being the replacement for John Madden that Fox needed. He has gained a reputation for having great candor and pointing out nuances of the game.

On the flip side is Kurt Warner. He turned out to be a train wreck in the booth. I'm not sure he is even calling games any more. It looks like they have him in studio at the NFL Network..

That may ultimately be where Farve lands. In the CBS, ESPN, or Fox studios. I think CBS is the most likely destination because Cowher will likely be coaching next year. He could also replace Boomer Esiason. ESPN's Monday Night Countdown and Fox's "Fox NFL Sunday" seem to have a really good crews . I can't see them replacing anyone on those teams. Even Michael Strahan seems to have fit into that group really well. NBC's Football Night in America seems to have a lot of interchangeable people so I think that could work too. NFL Network is just a wasteland of suck so he could always land there..

As far as the booth is concerned, I could see him replacing Gruden if he gets a new job and if Farve ends up being decent at the job. I can't see him anywhere else because he would be a 2nd tier commentator at Fox or CBS and I don't see NBC getting rid of Collinsworth. Of course a corpse would be a huge upgrade over Joe Theisman in the NFL Network booth so that could happen.

Comment

Fuck, they can have Kyle "throw at your feet" Orton, for free even! Get him the hell outa Denver!

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
              I personally think it'd be awesome if he came back as a QB coach....I'm positive he could teach alot of rookie QBs quite a few things to make them high caliber players.
              Like how to throw a record number of interceptions?

Favre was finished after last season. If anything last season was the fluke, he stopped being badass in New York. Personally if I never see Brett Favre anywhere near football again i'll die happy.
              .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                Fuck, they can have Kyle "throw at your feet" Orton, for free even! Get him the hell outa Denver!
                Preach it!

Comment

he is gone

Comment

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      So the 4th round QB they drafted in the 1st round can remind everyone why McDaniels got fired.
                      .223 > 911

Comment

Working...
                      X