NAGA Dallas May 12-13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAGA Dallas May 12-13th

Anyone from here competing at NAGA this coming week? I know we had a few BJJ/Grappling guys on here before but was just seeing if anyone was going to give it a shot.

IBJJF - Dallas Open was yesterday and didn't see some people I expected to there...Daniel Roy - where you at homie?

I think I'll be there watching, not competing.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
      I think I'll be there watching, not competing.
      Where do you train at?

Comment

I'll be there to watch as well - don't like where I fall in the cutoffs at the moment (need to get to 225). I train at Machado's in the Colony, and we have a couple of guys going to compete.
        Last edited by clevelandkid; 05-08-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Not me I havent rolled in months and would be considered a super heavy weight at the moment. 229 now and would have to go up against 300+ pounders, screw that.

Comment

Yeah - I'm ~235ish - not looking to get squashed. Wish the event was in 3 months...

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
              Yeah - I'm ~235ish - not looking to get squashed. Wish the event was in 3 months...

Yeah that would give me time to shed and get in some practice. Steve on this board went a few years ago and was a super heavyweight. His first match was with a 400 pounder. There is no way I'm rolling with a guy that out weighs me by 170lbs, they need to look at that weight class a little better

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                Yeah that would give me time to shed and get in some practice. Steve on this board went a few years ago and was a super heavyweight. His first match was with a 400 pounder. There is no way I'm rolling with a guy that out weighs me by 170lbs, they need to look at that weight class a little better
                Get down to 225 and you dont have that issue. I may do it but it will be cruserweight purple belt. Right at 199 and just got promoted. Was going to compete at blue but whaddayado?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                  Get down to 225 and you dont have that issue. I may do it but it will be cruserweight purple belt. Right at 199 and just got promoted. Was going to compete at blue but whaddayado?
                  Hell I'm still a little white belt, coach moved so I'm stuck a whitey.

Comment

Yeah, that wasnt fun at all and not something Iwant to do again. NAGA sucks big ass donkey balls.

Congrats on your promotion Nate. Well done.

I'm working on getting down to 205lbs everyday. The plan is to make it there by Jan 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                      Yeah, that wasnt fun at all and not something Iwant to do again. NAGA sucks big ass donkey balls.

I'm working on getting down to 205lbs everyday. The plan is to make it there by Jan 1st.
                      I just got a membership at 24 hour fitness to try an shed a few. Health is getting better but they found something off on some current blood work so I have to get rechecked in 2 weeks. Once I get the all clear I'm dropping weight and calling your goofy ass to do some rolling.

Comment

Thanks. Won the hw blue belt adult class at the Dallas open and on the podium bam. I was shocked.

What do you weigh now?

Comment

I just got a membership at 24 hour fitness to try an shed a few. Health is getting better but they found something off on some current blood work so I have to get rechecked in 2 weeks. Once I get the all clear I'm dropping weight and calling your goofy ass to do some rolling.
                          Just let me know. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Won the hw blue belt adult class at the Dallas open and on the podium bam. I was shocked.
                          Very nice, congrats! You outrank me now and should be able to submit me with ease.

I'm still fat and have a ways to go, but I will get there and meet my goal finally this year.

Comment

Just let me know. I hope you feel better soon.

Very nice, congrats! You outrank me now and should be able to submit me with ease.

I'm still fat and have a ways to go, but I will get there and meet my goal finally this year.
                            Nah I just can survive better than before. Just keep working, I achieved alot of mine. Time to set new ones.

Comment

Nate, you doing NAGA? i'll be there supporting some friends. i'll cheer you on!

I competed at IBJJF too, i got 3rd in the medium heavy white belt division. I was walking around with a gumball 3000 hat.
                              Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Working...
                              X