My boy had a big weekend at the ballpark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colby had another big weekend.
    They played in a big tourney this weekend where they played 2 seeding games on Sat and then a bracket on Sun. The undefeated teams on Sun then played for the championship on Mon. Colby pitched 2 innings Sat and gave up no hits or runs and struggled at the plate with no hits. On Sun he pitched against one of the better 10U teams in Texas and only gave up 2 hits getting the 11-2 win. In that game he hit a bomb over the 245ft CF fence that would have went out of a 275ft field.
    On Mon we easily beat the first team and in the championship gam we were down 6-5 in the last and Colby hit a 3run triple that put us ahead to stay.
    This has been a fun stretch of baseball to watch.
    Here he is with his HR ball.

With his coach, Diego Seastrunk.
    (YouTube his coach. He's a stud that played at Rice)

Had a big weekend at the Beau Rivage Friday.

Comment

Careful what you post about your kid or Eric will come in saying you are living life vicariously through your son....

With that out of the way, congrats. I still can't get over a 10 year old throwing 65 mph.

My youngest is 13 and 5'8" 185 and he throws at 55 mph, but he likes playing 3rd.

Comment

Hell, I spent that on hookers and blow just last night.....and the hookers were free!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          Careful what you post about your kid or Eric will come in saying you are living life vicariously through your son....

With that out of the way, congrats. I still can't get over a 10 year old throwing 65 mph.

My youngest is 13 and 5'8" 185 and he throws at 55 mph, but he likes playing 3rd.
          I was told the same thing about my girls here on this board: the oldest played soccer through college and the youngest went to McCombs at UT. Most of the people on the board that say these things don't have kids. With all the petty drama and bullshit, God forbid we discuss the successes of our kids. The way society stresses that horse-shit about "we're all the same" and participation trophy's for all kids, really de-emphasizes the competitiveness it takes to succeed in the real world. When it comes to their education, sports, and now their career's, they have a "take-no-prisoners", "cut-your-nuts-out" attitude. Winning becomes a habit just like losing can.

Comment

Matt, Colby is pretty big for his age. The boy is a natural on the mound. He has the velocity and control...and composure of a kid much older than him. At the level he plays, kids can catch up to that velocity, but what makes him special is that he has some nasty off speed pitches like a curve all, change up and knuckle ball that he throws for strikes. He is a joy to watch out there.
            As far as Eric...he is just using his unique style of debate to get you to further post in those threads to increase his comic relief. He's actually a pretty cool dude.

Vertnut, I agree with everything you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
              Matt, Colby is pretty big for his age. The boy is a natural on the mound. He has the velocity and control...and composure of a kid much older than him. At the level he plays, kids can catch up to that velocity, but what makes him special is that he has some nasty off speed pitches like a curve all, change up and knuckle ball that he throws for strikes. He is a joy to watch out there.
              As far as Eric...he is just using his unique style of debate to get you to further post in those threads to increase his comic relief. He's actually a pretty cool dude.

Vertnut, I agree with everything you posted.

Pretty big? He's HUGE!

You really shouldn't give the kid pharmaceuticals, even if you can prescribe them!

I used to think the same about Eric, but his incessant need to degrade others has gotten old. There's a time and place, but not EVERY time and EVERY place.

Comment

Don't let the coaches wear out his arm.

There is a kid that plays in the same league as my 13U son that has a 65mph pitch, and they ride the hell out of him.

A couple of years ago we used to call him "man child" every time we played against him, because he was a head taller than everyone else.

Now kids have caught up, and he's probably topped out at 5'7" because he is as tall as his dad, and taller than his mom.

Comment

Here he is with his team this weekend after their championship win.

And I'm not giving him anything pharmaceutical! He may no make it to his projected 6'6 but he certainly won't stop at 5'7! He's almost there now.

Comment

They do not overuse Colby. I wouldn't allow it. He pitches an inning on Sat and 4-5 innings on Sun.

Here's one of his fastballs. His face looks like, "No chance, sucka!"

Comment

Working...
                    X