College Baseball World Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Baseball World Series

Anyone following the super regionals? The world series in Omaha starts Thursday. Im wanting to go but the flights out there are crazy expensive now....like $550 to fly into Nebraska. Thought about driving but its like 11 hours

Big fan of college baseball, been watching all week. I hope Baylor beats ARK...
    04 GT
    91 LX

Comment

Go Baylor but thar epic choke yesterday wasn't good.

Comment

2 runs in the 9th was a killer. I thought Kent St. would have pulled it off last night.
        04 GT
        91 LX

Comment

My new favorite team is the Seawolves

Comment

Attending the Baylor games including the one tonight. Hope they can pull it off. That was a sad ways to lose a game (despite it already being lost many plays before).

For the uninformed: Bases loaded, coach brings in a new pitcher, first pitch beams the batter -- game over. This after short stop bobbled an easy double play ball that would have ended the game with a W.
            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
              Attending the Baylor games including the one tonight. Hope they can pull it off. That was a sad ways to lose a game (despite it already being lost many plays before).

For the uninformed: Bases loaded, coach brings in a new pitcher, first pitch beams the batter -- game over. This after short stop bobbled an easy double play ball that would have ended the game with a W.
              I wanted to go to the game on Saturday and looked online and it was sold out other then the cheap seats. Looked at it on tv and saw a bunch of empty seats.
              04 GT
              91 LX

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post

But he came in after the other pitcher had already hit a batter to score the tying run, with 2 strikes non the less.

Hitting two batters in a row to allow the tying run and winning run has to be devastating. Hopefully they can win two in a row, i don't really want to watch Arkansas in the CWS.

Comment

goddamnedfucking bears. Had several opportunities to put the game away yesterday and didn't. Hopefully that shitty little loss doesn't have a carryover effect into tonight's game. I'll be out there sweating my ass off for a third day, though. I think they're good enough to hang with anyone should they make it to the CWS (although Fla. St. looks pretty hairy so far), but they have to make it there first.

Comment

Originally posted by gip99gt View Post
                    I wanted to go to the game on Saturday and looked online and it was sold out other then the cheap seats. Looked at it on tv and saw a bunch of empty seats.
                    They were selling tickets at the gate, I think. I don't think there were that many empty seats, though. May have been a lot of people up walking around and hanging out in the standing room only areas because the seats were just unbearably hot yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      goddamnedfucking bears. Had several opportunities to put the game away yesterday and didn't. Hopefully that shitty little loss doesn't have a carryover effect into tonight's game. I'll be out there sweating my ass off for a third day, though. I think they're good enough to hang with anyone should they make it to the CWS (although Fla. St. looks pretty hairy so far), but they have to make it there first.

Florida States pitching is a bit sketchy though. With UCLA's pitching staff they have to be one of the favorites i would think.

Then again, watch out for the SEAWOLVES!!!

Comment

Dang Baylor lost....
                        04 GT
                        91 LX

Comment

Did the error by the Baylor third baseman happen in the 9th or the 10th?

Comment

Working...
                          X