T.O. is about to be a Seahawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O. is about to be a Seahawk

Looks like Seattle is going to take a shot at dealing with Owens this season...

Terrell Owens had a very impressive workout Monday in Seattle and the Seahawks are engaged in contract negotiations with the free-agent wide receiver and expects to complete a deal soon, league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Owens' time in the 40 was below 4.5 seconds, a source told ESPN.com's Mike Sando.

Owens hasn't played in the NFL since the 2010 season with Cincinnati when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns.

The 38-year-old Owens didn't get any NFL offers to play last season after surgery on his left knee.

If Owens makes the Seahawks' roster, expecting production from him might be a long shot based on recent history. According to ESPN Stats and Information, of the 187 NFL players with at least 20 catches last season, Donald Driver was the only one older than 35. Hines Ward and Tony Gonzalez each had more than 20 catches, but were just 35 last season.

Owens had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight of 11 games for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. He was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.
    .223 > 911

Some people are just plain fucking stupid. Now, I realize that any help Seattle can get is good, but really, even with the best receiver on their team, it will only marginally help them.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

that is impressive. sub 4.5 in the 40 at that age. but that isn't anything special these days. He will be a 3rd receiver.

Comment

I figure that Seattle doesn't really have anything to lose at this point, but everything to gain if San Fran can't repeat last year. Makes sense in their situation. Plus they can blame Owens if they suck again.
        .223 > 911

Comment

He's playing under Pete Carroll, he wont give a shit about his attitude.

Comment

1 year 925,000 I am a Seahawks fan I don't have a warm fuzzy about this.

Comment

Well, he was always talented and it would be a waste if he wasn't playing for some team.

Comment

He was doing alright the time I saw him with the Wranglers. Of course in typical T.O. fashion he wasn't doing anything special when the play wasn't called on his side of the field.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                  1 year 925,000 I am a Seahawks fan I don't have a warm fuzzy about this.
                  Damn that Sounds super low

Comment

I don't think so, hes 40 yrs old and everywhere hes been there has been trouble, except maybe with the Bengals. Though he did spend alot of time bullshitting with OC in that show they had.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I wonder what the line is on how many games he plays before he either goes on IR or gets benched?

Comment

I think he is a great talent as long as he leaves the popcorn and attitude at home he will be alright.Maybe being stupid and almost losing everything might have woke him up.Not to mention that nobody wanted to take a chance on him last season. I really hope he does well.

Comment

He was released today.
                          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

He is done. If he can't make it in Seattle he can't make it anywhere

Comment

Send him to Oakland.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X