U.S. vs Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guise!!

Heck of a game!!! Mexico put the pressure on early and kept it on for most of the game. The young defense showed up big time. Edu at CB was a bit of a surprise but he did well. Brek Shea showed why he deserves a spot on the roster.
    2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
    2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

1-0 USA

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        1-0 USA

god bless.
        The US won? Super insulting - we don't even care about that game.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Prior to this game we had a 0-23-1 record at Azteca.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
            Prior to this game we had a 0-23-1 record at Azteca.
            I'm aware of that, just super insulting to lose to the US though, a country which has one of the weakest soccer followings.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              The US won? Super insulting - we don't even care about that game.
              Oh we care. At least a few of us do.
              2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                Oh we care. At least a few of us do.
                I care as well. Gave me a reason to talk shit to all the people on my FB who were supporting Mexico. While I was wearing my USA shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                  I care as well. Gave me a reason to talk shit to all the people on my FB who were supporting Mexico. While I was wearing my USA shirt.
                  LOL in that respect I'm sure you're right. I think the spirit of my comment was a little lost, my intention was to say the sport isn't popular at all, with most people in the US not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    LOL in that respect I'm sure you're right. I think the spirit of my comment was a little lost, my intention was to say the sport isn't popular at all, with most people in the US not interested.
                    and the reason for that being the US sux in soccer at least for our mens teams
                    RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                      and the reason for that being the US sux in soccer at least for our mens teams
                      it doesnt help the cause when we can even make the cut for the olympics.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Anyone follow the EPL or La Liga?

EPL starts Saturday. Looking forward to seeing RvP in a MUTD shirt on Monday.

Comment

More EPL here. ManU just got a huge lift by acquiring Van Persie but my team will be Liverpool this season if they can pull off a buy for Dempsey.
                          2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Always liked ManU in that league. Last championship was a good one with City taking it in the last game.

Comment

I hate City. They remind me of the Yankees buying all these good players that can't even get along in practice.

This season will be interesting. It's going to be between United, City and Chelsea. Chelsea made some good buys and are still considering getting Hulk.

United should be stronger now that they got Kagawa in the midfield. There's plenty of options for midfielder/striker combos.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                                my team will be Liverpool this season if they can pull off a buy for Dempsey.
                                It looks very likely, he hasn't been playing in the preseason and isnt set to play the 1st game of the season

EDIT:

Clint Dempsey was fined Friday for his alleged refusal to play for Fulham Saturday in its Premier League season opener vs. Norwich City, and manager Martin Jol confirmed that Dempsey will not start.

PA Photos
                                Clint Dempsey's contract is due to expire next summer
                                "Clint Dempsey wants to move," said Jol of Dempsey, 29. "He doesn't want to commit to this club and, while I would like to keep him, it's impossible because he wants to move. He told me that he wants to go to a Champions League club -- he said it last year, he said it in the summer, and he said it again.

"We'll have to wait and see what happens but it's a sad situation for us and it's almost embarrassing.

"We've got a chairman who is strong and if we get the right price for Clint then we will sell him. If we don't, then he will stay here. We won't let Clint Dempsey go on the cheap, that's for sure."

Dempsey has been at Craven Cottage since 2007 and his contract expires next year. The American was left out of the club's preseason training camp in Switzerland amid speculation about his future.

"Clint was not involved over the last four weeks, so he is not going to be in the squad," Jol said.

Liverpool has been the club most strongly linked with Dempsey, with manager Brendan Rodgers having confirmed an inquiry was made.

At one stage, the website for the Massachusetts-based news channel New England Sports Network (NESN), owned by Fenway Sports Group, published a story suggesting the deal was done, but the posting was removed soon afterwards.

"That was very disappointing," Jol said. "There was never an offer. Clint himself told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back, so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him.

"Even [Rodgers] told everyone he was interested in Clint Dempsey, but our people never had an offer on the table, so it's almost embarrassing. If you have shown interest in a player, especially in England, you have to follow it up with an offer. They didn't.

Jol also expressed his disappointment at the recent conduct of Moussa Dembele's agent, denying that there had ever been interest from Real Madrid. Jan de Visser, Dembele's representative, had made comments to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf indicating that a bid had been made by the Spanish side.

"I spoke to his agent and I said to him it's not the cleverest thing to do, to speak about players. There was no offer on the table (from Madrid) and hopefully the situation will stay as it is. Hopefully Dembele will stay here," said Jol.

"There was one low bid from one Premier League club, very low. Moussa is quite happy here. He wants to play here and if something happens, we will have to wait.''
                                Last edited by PandaBear; 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X